Nevada Personal Injury Lawyers Representing Accident Victims in Duckwater, NV
Duckwater, Nevada is a small hardworking and tight-knit community of just under 400 people, most of whom earn a living by oil drilling and refining, ranching, or serving in Tribal Administration jobs within the nearby Duckwater Shoshone Tribal Offices.
Being close to 200 miles north of Las Vegas and nearly 300 miles east of Reno, Duckwater doesn’t garner a lot of attention from outsiders and tourists. But its proximity to the more than 20,000 acre nearby Red Mountain Wilderness area at the end of State Route 379 does occasionally bring outdoor enthusiasts through and to the area.
Recreational Activities and Traumatic Brain Injuries
ATVs, mountain bikes, and even hiking can result in trips, tumbles and falls that can lead to a traumatic brain injury. Also known as a TBI, it’s estimated that 2.5 million traumatic brain injuries affected Americans in 2010, with many of them resulting in permanent disability or even death. In fact, TBIs were found to be a contributing factor to nearly 1/3 of all injury-related deaths across our nation
Different Levels of TBIs
Much like any injury, a TBI can range from mild in nature to being permanently debilitating.
- Concussions/Mild TBIs: Typically caused by a jolt, a bump or a blow to the head, this type of injury is typically not life threatening but can have serious temporary or even long term side effects. Long term effects can include changes in emotion, sleep, memory problems, balance issues, fatigue and headaches
- Severe TBIs: These are typically defined as “closed” (an injury caused by the movement of the brain within an individual’s skull) or “penetrating” (an injury that is the result of a foreign object penetrating the skull). Long term effects of a severe TBI include reduced attention span and memory, reduced motor function, loss of sensation, and changes in one’s emotional state (e.g. anxiety, anger, depression, significant changes in personality)
When Negligence Plays a Part in a TBI
In many instances, an individual who suffers from a TBI does so because of the negligence of another individual. Whenever the irresponsibility of another individual comes into play, it’s important for the injured party or his or her friends and family to take it upon themselves to protect the health and financial well-being of their harmed loved one.
- Seek immediate medical attention
- Obtain contact information for the individual(s) responsible and gather evidence (e.g. take pictures, film statements, etc.)
- Contact a personal injury attorney
Our lawyers at the law firm of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter and Smith have helped injured parties receive the compensation they’re entitled to, to ensure an optimal quality of life after suffering a TBI due to the negligence of another individual.
Whether you’re the injured party or a concerned loved one, we welcome your call and will answer you questions during a free consultation. Schedule one today online or call us at 702-228-2600.
Directions to Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorneys from Duckwater, NV
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 4 hr 28 mins
Total Est. Distance: 274 mi
- Head northeast on Duckwater Falls
- Slight right to stay on Duckwater Falls
- Turn right onto NV-379 S
- Turn left onto US-6 E
- Turn right onto NV-318 S
- Turn right onto US-93 S
- Turn right to merge onto I-15 S/US-93 S toward US-95/Las Vegas
- Take exit 42 to merge onto US-95 N toward Reno
- Take exit 81B for Rainbow Blvd
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Rainbow Blvd S
- Turn left onto NV-595 S/N Rainbow Blvd
- Turn right onto W Sahara Ave
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
7408 West Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, Nevada 89117