John L. Bertoldo is a highly accomplished and skilled Las Vegas personal injury attorney and a partner at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith.
John grew up in a large family and had a strong argumentative streak. His mother turned that into a positive by telling him, “As much as you like to argue, someday you’ll be a great attorney!”
Since then, John knew he wanted to be an attorney. Every step of the way—on his two-year mission to Italy, while attaining his joint J.D. and M.B.A. from Brigham Young University, and when he began practicing law in 1985—John drew on his mental toughness to fulfill his dream. He’s been the managing partner at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith since 1992.
John has always devoted his practice solely to plaintiffs’ personal injury, speaking up for clients who otherwise would be intimidated, cheated, or taken advantage of by insurance companies. John enthusiastically fights on behalf of the injured, especially for those embroiled in serious trauma, brain injury, and wrongful death cases. He has helped thousands of people through some of the most difficult and challenging times in their lives.
“We have lifelong friends who’ve been clients. When I see them, I don’t get a handshake. I get a bear hug,” says John.
John’s advocate mind and caring heart are employed on behalf of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, the Boy Scouts of America, the Southern Nevada Immunization Coalition, and El Concilio Hispano. For fun, John hits the trails on his dirt bike, plays golf, and enjoys the special lure of scuba diving. In quieter moments, he adores his life as a husband, dad, and grandpa.
Admitted to Practice
- Clark County Bar Association
- Medical Dental Legal Screening Panel of Southern Nevada
- Southern Nevada Disciplinary Panel, Nevada State Bar
- Nevada Justice Association
- American Association for Justice
- Nevada Society of Italian American Lawyers
- Western Trial Lawyers Association
- Nevada Law Foundation
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Awards & Accolades
- Selected for inclusion in the Mountain States Super Lawyers® list
- Lifetime Achievement Award, America’s Top 100 Attorneys
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell®