Steven M. Baker
“Strong people stand up for themselves. Stronger people stand up for others.” This is Attorney Steven Baker’s motto, and it’s born of advocacy, activism, and service, all of which were family values even before his birth. Steve himself was a field representative for “Voters Revolt,” opposing insurance industry-backed legislation in California.
At Bertoldo Carter Smith & Cullen, where he is a partner, Steve brings this commitment to helping those who are unable to stand up for themselves to his practice of law. Steve’s entire career has been about representing injury clients. He’s taken their cases all the way to the Nevada Supreme Court. He’s fought for multi-million dollar verdicts. He’s gone to courtrooms in Arizona, California, and Oregon because, to him, there’s no such thing as going too far for what’s right.
Steve received his B.A. in literature from the University of California, San Diego before going on to earn his Juris Doctor degree from Pepperdine University. He joined Benson & Bertoldo as an associate and began his practice in personal injury law. Over the years, he’s honed his ferocity in trial and tempered it with the care he feels for his clients.
Steve also works tirelessly to make home a better place. He has been a big brother in Big Brothers of Southern Nevada, he’s mentored new attorneys, and he’s taught at CSN, lectured at Boyd School of Law, served on the board for the Nevada Foundation for Consumer Education, and served on the board for Young Israel Aish of Las Vegas.
In his free time, Steve enjoys quiet nights reading with his wife, Heather, and beaming with pride over the next generation of Baker activists—his young adult daughter.
Admitted to Practice
- State of Nevada
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Distinguished Justice Advocates
- Nevada Justice Association – past president
Awards & Accolades
- Top 100, National Trial Lawyers
- Mountain States Super Lawyer
- Best of the Best, Top Lawyers
- Who’s Who – Top Lawyers
- Special Counsel to the Mexican Consulate, State of Nevada
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell®
- 10/10 rating, AVVO
- Lifetime Achievement Award 2017, America’s Top 100 Attorneys
- Trial Lawyer of the Year, 2014, Nevada Justice Association