Personal Injury Lawyers Representing Accident Victims in Sunrise Manor
Formed in 1957 and part of the Las Vegas Township, the unincorporated town of Sunrise Manor, Nevada is home to nearly 200,000 individuals. Being located so closely to the economic center of the city, many single people and young families have moved to the area, with the median age of individuals in the area being 32.
Some of the most notable landmarks and attractions in the area include Sam’s Town Hotel & Gambling hall, Boulder Station, and the Las Vegas Nevada Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Protecting the Rights of Sunrise Manor Residents
Sunrise Manor may be home to many young individuals, but several of these individuals have sick and ailing parents who have had no choice but to move into a nursing home facility. The decision to take this course of action isn’t an easy one, and it’s even more troubling for the children and loved ones of these individuals since it’s no secret that nursing home abuse is all too common in this nation.
Types of Nursing Home Abuse
Older individuals may suffer one or more types of abuse often experienced in nursing homes:
- Negligence: A caregiver or worker may refuse or fail to provide adequate care for a resident (i.e. failure to provide food and water, medication, personal hygiene assistance)
- Physical Abuse: A caregiver inflicts a level of physical force which results in pain, impairment, and injury
- Emotional Abuse: A caregiver may threaten, insult, or ignore a nursing home resident
- Abandonment: A caregiver deserts a resident after agreeing to provide care for them
- Financial Exploitation: A caregiver is using a resident’s funds or assets inappropriately (i.e. cashing a resident’s check without the resident’s permission, coercing a resident into signing a contract)
Signs of Nursing Home Abuse
The elderly are a target of abuse because they are often too weak and frail to fight back or may be incapable of speaking up. Loved ones can arm themselves with the information they need to begin to look for signs of abuse so that they can protect the health and rights of their loved one.
When assessing your loved one, check for:
- Sudden inexplicable changes in behavior
- If they seem withdrawn or unresponsive
- If they have become upset or agitated
- Unexplained bruises, lacerations or injuries
- Untreated bed sores or injuries
- Signs of unsanitary living conditions or is evidence of poor personal hygiene
- Incidences of the nursing home refused to allow you to have time alone with your loved one
Fight Back Against Nursing Home Abuse
If you suspect that your loved one is suffering from a nursing home or elder abuse, your first step is to immediately protect them from any further serious harm. Call 911 if the situation appears urgent, and file a complaint.
The next step is to contact a qualified personal injury lawyer for assistance in protecting the health and rights of your loved one. As soon as you suspect that your loved one may be suffering abuse, contact us at the law group of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter, and Smith. We have protected the rights of numerous victims who have suffered because of the intentional abuse of another.
Call us today at no charge to discuss your particular situation at (702) 505-8115.
Directions to Our Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney From Sunrise Manor, NV
These Directions Are From Google Maps Starting From:
Sunrise Manor, NV
Distance: 15.1 mi
Time: 27 min
- Head east on Alto Ave toward Marion Dr
- Take the 1st left onto Marion Dr
- Turn left onto E Cheyenne Ave
- Slight left to merge onto I-15 S
- Merge onto I-15 S
- Take exit 42 for U.S. 93/U.S. 95/Interstate 515 toward Phoenix/Reno
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for U.S. 95 N/Reno/Martin Luther King Boulevard
- Keep left, follow signs for US-95 N/Reno and merge onto US-95 N
- Take exit 81B for Rainbow Blvd
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Rainbow Blvd S
- Turn left onto N Rainbow Blvd
- Turn right onto W Sahara Ave
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
7408 W Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, Nevada 89117