Nevada Personal Injury Lawyers Representing Accident Victims in Schurz
The community of Schurz is a large census-designated place in Mineral County in western Nevada.
Located on the Walker River Indian Reservation, the town of Schurz was named for the Secretary of the Interior, Carl Schurz, a former American statesman and Union Army General during the Civil War. The community, which measures more than 60.5 square miles in size, is situated along State Route 95, offering easy access to the northern cities of Reno and Carson City. According to Census data, Schurz is home to roughly 650 people, more than half of which are female.
Although Schurz is hidden away from much of the high-traffic experienced in more populated areas, the community’s location along a major transit route, paired with the widespread use of mobile technology, still puts members of this community at risk for distracted driver, or texting accidents.
Texting Incidents in Schurz
Today, people who are connected to mobile networks use their phones for numerous tasks, including texting, taking calls, checking emails or surfing the web. The dangerous thing about these advances is that people continue to do them, even behind the wheel of a vehicle.
Navigating the modern world’s increasingly congested roadways is already a risky task, but using a mobile phone while doing so only inhibits the drivers’ ability, which could lead to negligent behavior.
Some negligent behaviors behind the wheel include:
- Operating a mobile device without hands-free capability while driving a vehicle
- Texting and/or using the phone while behind the wheel of a vehicle
Despite knowing the potentially life-altering consequences of texting and driving, many drivers continue to ignore the warnings and insist on using their mobile phones while behind the wheel.
An alarming number of drivers admit to one or more of these negligent behaviors, including:
- Many at-fault drivers have admitted to taking calls and/or texting illegally while operating a motor vehicle in the state of Nevada
- More than 25% of drivers admitted to using and being distracted by a handheld device, including a mobile phone, while behind the wheel
Nevada roadways are no exception to the dangers of texting and driving. The problem is that the dangerous behavior persists, and is often joined by other negligent behavior, like driving while under the influence. If an accident has occurred and one of the parties was talking or texting on a mobile device while behind the wheel, that party may be found to be at fault.
If You Are a Texting Accident Victim
If you, or someone you love, has been involved in an accident or is the victim of someone else’s driver negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
In Nevada, the law office of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter and Smith has a team of personal injury attorneys who work to protect the interests of personal injury victims. Our legal team has more than 30 years of experience in handling these types of claims. We can be a vital support system during this stressful and complicated time.
To speak with one of our personal injury attorneys, call us at (702) 228-2600. We offer a complimentary preliminary consultation to evaluate your case.
Directions to Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorneys from Schurz, NV
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 5 hr 12 mins
Total Est. Distance: 345 mi
- Head southeast toward Rte 95 S
- Turn right onto US-95 S/Rte 95 S
- Turn left onto NV-362 S/U.S. 95 Truck
- Turn left onto US-95 S/Rte 95 S
- Turn left onto US-95 S/S 2nd St/Rte 95 S
- Take exit 81 for Rainbow Blvd
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Rainbow Boulevard S and merge onto NV-595 S/N Rainbow Blvd
- Merge onto NV-595 S/N Rainbow Blvd
- Turn right onto W Sahara Ave
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
7408 West Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, Nevada 89117