Nevada Personal Injury Lawyers Representing Accident Victims in Lund
Lund is a small census-designated place situated in White Pine County, Nevada.
The community was named after Anthon Henrik Lund, who was a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Lund helped to settle the town in 1898 after the government provided land to the church in accordance with the Edmunds-Tucker Act.
Today, the community measures roughly 1.7 square miles in size and is home to an estimated 282 people. Lund is positioned along Route 318, far from most of Nevada’s urban sprawl, with Reno and Carson City located to the west and Las Vegas to the southwest of the community.
Wrongful Death Cases in Lund
Although Lund is home to a small group of people, unexpected accidents still occur, including those that result in the untimely loss of life.
Death may be classified as a wrongful death if the individual is killed as a result of another person’s or company’s negligence. These types of cases arise when members of the victim’s family, or another beneficiary, file a wrongful death claim.
Each state has its own statute of limitations regarding wrongful death incidents, with Nevada’s statute of limitations currently set at six years.
An incident may qualify as a wrongful death claim if:
- The defendant behaved in a negligent manner
- The victim leaves behind a family or a beneficiary, such as a spouse or children, or if the death resulted in financial loss
- The individual’s death was a direct result of the defendant or their behavior
Many wrongful death cases are focused on recovering financial losses incurred as a result of the untimely death. These types of situations can be particularly traumatic and may involve:
- Emotional and mental anguish
- Excessive medical or funeral expenses
- Lost anticipated earnings
- The loss of inheritance, care or benefits
In Lund and the other communities in White Pine County, there are wrongful death attorneys available who can help ensure the recovery of financial losses.
When You Have a Wrongful Death Claim
Wrongful death cases have a strict statute of limitations, so it is important that if you intend to file a claim, you do so with your state’s statute in mind. Even if the evidence in your favor is overwhelming, it may not be applicable if the statute has expired. Filing your wrongful death claim as soon as possible can prove to be a game-changing step in protecting the well-being of a victim’s family now, and in the future.
In Nevada, the law firm of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter, and Smith has a team of experienced wrongful death attorneys who understand how to navigate the traumatic events surrounding a loved one’s untimely death. If you have lost someone you love to the negligent behavior of another party, we can help you recover any damages or other financial losses.
Directions to Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorneys from Lund, NV
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 3 hr 16 mins
Total Est. Distance: 214 mi
- Head south on NV-318 S toward 1st S St
- Turn right onto US-93 S
- Turn right to merge onto I-15 S/US-93 S toward US-95/Las Vegas
- Take exit 42 to merge onto US-95 N toward Reno
- Take exit 81B for Rainbow Blvd
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Rainbow Blvd S
- Turn left onto N Rainbow Blvd
- Turn right onto W Sahara Ave
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
7408 West Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, Nevada 89117
We Also Serve The Following Areas