Injury Lawyers Representing Accident Victims in Cold Springs
Located directly off of US Route 396 and straddling the California state border lies Cold Springs, Nevada, home to 8,544 residents with almost half of the households having children under the age of 18.
The area wasn’t always so densely populated and was the center of controversy in 2004 when the Reno City Council chose to annex thousands of acres of the Cold Spring Valley which turned the area from being semi-rural into a more suburban and industrial environment. Since that time thousands of homes and an industrial park have been built on the land.
Protecting the Residents of Cold Springs
The transition from being a fairly rural area to being suburban has forced many local residents to change their style of living. One change that is often overlooked: pet control. While in rural towns having a dog roam freely on unfenced property may be acceptable and even expected, in a more densely populated suburban area, a loose dog can pose a serious health risk.
Half of All Dog Bites Are Inflicted on Young Children
According to the American Humane association, of the estimated 4.5 million dog bites that occur in this nation every year, 50% of them are inflicted on children under the age of 12. Children are 3x more likely to receive a serious dog bite injury, and 70% of all fatal dog bites involved children under the age of 10.
Cold Springs is a young town where children should feel free to play in their yards and explore their surroundings without the fear of getting bitten.
If you or a child have been bitten by a dog:
1) Immediately seek a clean towel and place it over the wound. Keep the area of the body that has been bitten elevated to help stop blood loss.
2) Clean the wound carefully with soap and water. Apply an antibiotic ointment to the wound to help prevent infection, and wrap the wound in a sterile bandage
3) Seek medical attention immediately
Regardless of how harmless a “little bite” may appear, a small nip can cause a serious infection. This is particularly true if the dog that inflicted the bite hasn’t been vaccinated for rabies.
Dog Bites on an Owner’s Property
Many owners are under the assumption that if someone enters their property, whether welcomed or unannounced, that the individual is assuming the risk of being bitten by their dog and so they cannot be liable if their dog bites another individual. In the state of Nevada, if a dog isn’t chained or properly contained on their property and it bites another individual, the owner can be held liable, especially if they’re aware of ay previous dangerous behaviors or attacks.
Big and small bites alike demand medical attention and could result in additional injuries and financial loss. We at the law office of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter and Smith have experience in ensuring that victims of dog bites receive the compensation they deserve when it comes to receiving proper and adequate treatment.
Call us today for a free initial consultation to discuss your particular case at 702-228-2600.
Directions to our Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney from Cold Springs, NV
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Cold Springs, NV 89413
Distance: 460 mi
Time: 7 h 08 min
- Head west on Goldfinch Dr toward Flamingo Dr
- Take the 1st left onto Flamingo Dr
- Take the 1st right onto Cold Springs Dr
- Take the 1st left onto Village Pkwy
- Turn left to merge onto US-395 S
- Merge onto US-395 S
- Take exit 68 for I-80 toward Elko/Sacramento
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-80 E/Sparks/Elko and merge onto I-80 E
- Take exit 48 toward US-95 Alt/US-50 Alt/E Fernley
- Turn right onto I-80BUS W/US-95 ALT (signs for Fernley/Fallon/NAS Fallon)
- At the traffic circle, take the 3rd exit onto E Main St
- Turn right onto McLean Rd
- Turn left onto NV-117 S
- Turn right onto US-95 S/Rte 95 S
- Turn left onto NV-362 S/US-95 Truck
- Turn left onto US-95 S/Rte 95 S
- Turn left onto US-95 S/S 2nd St/Rte 95 S
- Take exit 81 for Rainbow Blvd
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Rainbow Boulevard S and merge onto N Rainbow Blvd
- Merge onto N Rainbow Blvd
- Turn right onto W Sahara Ave
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
7408 W Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, Nevada 89117
We Also Serve The Following Areas