Nevada Personal Injury Lawyers Representing Accident Victims in Johnson Lane
Situated on the south side of the desirable Carson City metropolitan area is Johnson Lane, Nevada. This community has experienced quite a population boom over the past decade or so, growing by nearly 2000 individuals since the year 2000.
Today, 6,626 people claim Johnson Lane to be their home. Located only 25 minutes or so outside of Reno, it’s conveniently located close to one of the most popular destinations in North America though just far enough away to offer a quieter lifestyle for the nearly 1500 families who live within the community.
Though the median age may be 43, many individuals in Johnson Lane are enjoying their golden years and are above the age of 65.
Elder Abuse in Johnson Lane
Elder abuse is becoming a growing concern as a large portion of the population continues to age. As of the 2010 US Census, nearly 13% of the total American population was 65 years of age or older. It’s estimated that as of the year 2050, one-fifth of the American population will be in this category.
Another key issue is that fewer and fewer aging parents are residing with their children and are instead required to be placed in a home for the aged or a nursing home. This may be due to space issues, medical requirements, or other pressing problems that prevent ageing loved one from being able to take up occupancy with his or her family.
For those with loved ones living in an elder care facility, however, it is of the utmost importance that they educate themselves on the signs of elder abuse, with one of these signs being a change in behavior.
Is Your Parent or Loved One Showing Changes in Behavior?
It can be difficult for the family and friends of an aging loved one to decide what the cause of a change of behavior may be. Oftentimes it may simply be the onset of dementia or other health conditions that are causing a change in behavior. But sometimes that change in behavior may be a sign of maltreatment.
Some common changes of behavior that may signify abuse within the home include:
- Being withdrawn
- Disinterested in taking visitors when they excitedly anticipated the companionship of others in the past
- Refusing to speak or make eye contact
- Showing signs of depression
- Showing signs of fright when certain staff members are present
- Not wanting to be alone with staff members
- Slurring his or her speech or appearing to be “drugged” (heavily sedated)
- Lashing out
- Crying with no explanation
Isolating the cause of a parent or loved one’s sudden change in behavior is often beyond the scope of a family member’s expertise, but understanding the legal remedies for elder abuse that at your disposal is important.
The Johnson Lane personal injury attorneys at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter, and Smith welcome your call to arrange a free consultation to discuss your situation so that you and your loved one can be protected and so that further abuse can be prevented.
Call today at 702-228-2600.
Directions to Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorneys from Johnson Lane, NV
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Johnson Lane, NV
Total Est. Time: 6 hr 49 mins
Total Est. Distance: 431 mi
- Turn right at the 2nd cross street onto E Valley Rd
- Turn left onto Johnson Ln
- Turn right onto Fremont St
- Continue onto E Valley Rd
- Turn left onto Fish Springs Rd
- Turn right onto E Valley Rd
- Turn right onto Pinenut Rd
- At the traffic circle, take the 3rd exit onto Muller Pkwy
- Turn left onto US-395 S
- Turn left onto NV-208 E
- Slight left onto NV-339 N
- Turn right onto US-95 ALT S
- Turn left at Bonanza to stay on US ALT S
- Turn right onto US-95 S/Rte 95 S
- Turn left onto NV-362 S/US-95 Truck
- Turn left onto US-95 S/Rte 95 S
- Turn left onto US-95 S/S 2nd St/Rte 95 S
- Take exit 81 for Rainbow Blvd
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Rainbow Blvd S and merge onto NV-595 S/N Rainbow Blvd
- Merge onto NV-595 S/N Rainbow Blvd
- Turn right onto W Sahara Ave
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
7408 West Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, Nevada 89117
We Also Serve The Following Areas