Las Vegas Hospital Acquired Infection Attorneys
When patients enter the hospital, they plan to leave better off than they arrived. Unfortunately, many are unable to achieve that success because of hospital acquired infections (HAI). Hospital acquired infections can cause serious injuries, requiring additional surgeries, amputations, and even death.
If you or someone you love suffered because of a hospital acquired infection, you may be eligible to seek compensation by filing a medical malpractice lawsuit against the hospital. To find out if you qualify, contact a skilled Las Vegas medical malpractice lawyer from the law firm of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter, Smith & Cullen.
Where Do Most Hospital Acquired Infections Occur in the Body?
The Centers for Disease Control estimates an estimated 1.7 million infections and 99,000 deaths occur each year because of hospital acquired infections
Hospital acquired infections occur most commonly in the form of:
- 32% urinary tract infections
- 22% surgical site infections
- 15% pneumonia or lung infections
- 14% bloodstream infections
Have You Suffered From a Las Vegas Hospital Acquired Infection?
In 2019, Summerlin Hospital began notifying patients by mail that they may have been infected or exposed to infection during operative procedures due to improper disinfection of surgical instruments.
Other hospitals may be following suit, ensuring that all patients who underwent a prostate surgery procedure using the da Vinci robotic surgery machine know that they may also be at risk of exposure to infection.
At Bertoldo, Baker, Carter, Smith & Cullen our Clark County attorneys have successfully provided winning outcomes for medical malpractice clients in Las Vegas, and are currently protecting the rights of potential victims who were Summerlin Hospital patients and underwent surgical treatment for prostate cancer using the da Vinci robotic surgery system.
What Do Hospital Acquired Infections Cost the Nation?
The overall direct cost of hospital acquired infections to hospitals is approximately $50 billion, but to the patients who suffer from the long-term effects of these injuries, it can mean a complete loss in their quality of life.
If you or a loved one has suffered from a hospital acquired infection, contact our Las Vegas medical malpractice attorneys at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter, Smith & Cullen today by calling (702) 505-8115 to schedule a free consultation, which will allow us to review your case, protect your rights, and pursue the healthcare provider who caused your injuries for the financial compensation you deserve.
Medical Malpractice Cases Include:
- Birth Injuries
- Doctor & Nurse Negligence
- Emergency Room Negligence
- Nursing Home Negligence & Abuse
- Surgical Errors
- Cancer Misdiagnosis
- Cerebral Palsy
- Erb’s Palsy
- Failure to Treat
- Hospital Infections
- Medication Errors
- Robotic Surgery Machine Infection
- Emergency Care at UMC in Las Vegas
- Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center in Las Vegas
- Hospital Admits Patient Died Due To Medication Error
- Las Vegas Psych Hospital Accused of Negligence
- Vegas Hospital Blamed in Patient Deaths
- A Nurse Can Be Liable For Medical Malpractice
- Important Requirements When Filing Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
- Studies Show Increase in Medical Malpractice Injuries
- Understanding Medical Malpractice and When You Might Have a Legal Claim