Las Vegas Brachial Plexus Injury Lawyer
Also referred to as brachial plexus injury or Erb-Duchenne Palsy, Erb’s palsy affects about 3 in every 1,000 infants born each year in the U.S., according to the United Brachial Plexus Network.
Erb’s palsy occurs when the nerves in spinal roots C5 to C7 are stretched, injured or completely severed, resulting in some degree of paralysis in the arm.
Brachial plexus injuries may be caused by a number of factors, however, some of the most common causes include:
- Animal bites
- Bullet or knife wounds motor vehicle accidents
- Contact sports, particularly football and wrestling
- Birthing difficulties and/or medical malpractice
Erb’s Palsy and Birth Injuries
The highly qualified birth injury lawyers at the law firm of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith have extensive experience handling cases in which a doctor, nurse, or another healthcare provider’s negligence during the birthing process led to the development of Erb’s palsy.
If your child was diagnosed with Erb’s palsy and you feel it may have been caused by medical malpractice, please contact our law offices for professional and experienced legal help.
Erb’s Palsy Symptoms
A patient’s exact brachial plexus injury symptoms will depend on the severity of the injury, as well as the precise spinal root that is injured. In the mildest cases, Erb’s palsy symptoms involve stingers or burners, which are marked by a burning sensation that shoots down the arm, arm numbness and/or weakness.
When Brachial Plexus Injury Is More Severe, Patients May Experience A(N):
- Inability to control the shoulder and elbows muscles, while still maintaining control of the fingers
- Inability to use the fingers, despite having control of the shoulder, elbow and arm
- Complete inability to use and feel the arm
- Severe pain
Erb’s Palsy Treatments
Although the mildest cases of brachial plexus injuries can heal on their own, in more serious cases, patients may require a nerve graft or a nerve transfer, follow-up physical therapy, electrical nerve stimulation (known as TENS) and pain medications.
Hire an Erb’s Palsy Lawyer
If you have a viable legal claim, our birth injury attorneys will build you the strongest case possible. At the law firm of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith, we are passionate about helping individuals and families affected by medical mistakes. Birth injuries can be especially emotional and difficult to deal with. We will handle your case with compassion and care and will make sure you understand what is happening at every stage of the legal process.
For more information or to discuss the details of your child’s injury, please contact our Erb’s palsy attorneys today at (702) 505-8115.
Medical Malpractice Cases Include:
- Birth Injuries
- Doctor & Nurse Negligence
- Emergency Room Negligence
- Nursing Home Negligence & Abuse
- Surgical Errors
- Cancer Misdiagnosis
- Cerebral Palsy
- Erb’s Palsy
- Failure to Treat
- Hospital Infections
- Medication Errors
- Robotic Surgery Machine Infection
- Emergency Care at UMC in Las Vegas
- Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center in Las Vegas
- Stem Cell Clinics Involved In Medical Malpractice Claims
- New Study Reveals Anesthesia-Related Medical Malpractice Claims On The Decline
- Couple Awarded $4.25 Million After Devastating Medical Malpractice Incident
- Understanding Medical Malpractice And When You Might Have A Legal Claim
- Important Requirements When Filing Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
- Why Birth Injury Lawsuits Are Protecting Our Future
- Studies Show Increase in Medical Malpractice Injuries
- When a Nurse Can Be Liable for Medical Malpractice
“They made everything so seamless and easy for me and were always available for questions or reassurance. This law firm clearly not only cares about what they do, but the clients they do it for. Thank you, Javier and the whole team!”- Aimee W.
“They were fast, caring, and always answered my questions and reassured me throughout the process. I highly recommend Lindsay Cullen as an attorney and the firm to represent you if you're seeking any legal guidance.”- Jay G.
“Lawrence Smith is a Godsend! He's a good man. Very nice & professional.”- Aaliyah R.
Legacy of Client Satisfaction
Word-of-mouth referrals and repeat clients account for more than 85% of our business, which is a testament to the level of service we provide.
We strive to treat our clients with integrity, compassion, and respect and provide them with clear communication every step of the way.
Experience You Can Trust
Our attorneys, paralegals and support staff leverage decades of experience across a diverse range of backgrounds on behalf of our clients.
Committed to the Community
We are proud to support a number of charitable organizations as a way to give back to the community we are honored to serve.
Comprehensive Legal Guidance
Our attorneys will handle each aspect of your case, including securing short and long-term medical care, helping to recover lost wages and more.
Proven Record of Results
We have recovered millions of dollars in successful verdicts and settlements for injured clients throughout the state of Nevada.