Las Vegas Medical Malpractice Cases
Medical Malpractice Medical malpractice cases are a type of personal injury case in which those who have been injured as a result of a medical professional’s negligence seek compensation for their injuries, permanent disabilities, lost wages, pain, and suffering. Currently, the Institute of Medicine (IOM) reports that between 44,000 and 98,000 preventable deaths occur each year in U.S. medical facilities. Millions of other patients sustain mild to severe injuries that can significantly affect their quality of life in the short or long term on a physical, emotional and financial level.
Compensation May Be Available
If you or a loved one has been victimized by medical malpractice in the Las Vegas area, the well trained, highly qualified medical malpractice attorneys at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter, Smith & Cullen want you to know that we are here to:
- Offer you a free, no-obligation initial consultation to learn more about your legal rights
- Ensure that your needs and rights are put first and aggressively represented
- Build you the strongest possible medical malpractice lawsuit
- Help you seek and recoup compensation for your injuries and losses
Bases for Medical Malpractice Cases in Las Vegas
Patients may have a medical malpractice claim against a physician, hospital or any medical professional when they have acted negligently and when the resulting negligence has played a role in causing or worsening the injury. Specific examples of medical mistakes resulting in patient injury and wrongful death include:
- Failure to diagnose a condition
- Misdiagnosis of a condition
- Misreading lab test results
- Medication mistakes, such as prescribing the wrong type/dose of a drug, administering the drug in the wrong manner/to the wrong patient, prescribing combinations of drugs that are known to negatively interact with each other, etc.
- Failure to properly, adequately and promptly treat a patient
- Surgical errors, such as performing a procedure on the wrong patient/at the wrong site on the body, leaving tools in a patient following surgery, etc.
- Nursing home abuse
If you’ve been impacted by medical malpractice in Las Vegas, get the legal help you need. Medical malpractice cases can be complicated and involved; thus, they require a certain level of skill and experience.