Henderson Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
Want to File a Workers’ Compensation Claim?
Workers’ compensation is designed to help you get back on your feet and working again after a workplace accident or work-related injury. The law firm of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter, Smith & Cullen in Henderson, Nevada, was designed to make filing for workers’ comp and pursuing a claim easy. Our attorneys have extensive experience dealing with insurance companies and employers from all industries. If you need help making sense of your options, or you know you need help because your employer is giving you a difficult time, then reach out to our firm today.
Is Workers’ Comp Fault-Based Insurance?
Workers’ compensation does not use fault when determining who is eligible to get its benefits. It is a no-fault insurance system, which means that liability for your workplace accident should not be an important factor. You can admit to accidentally causing your accident and remain eligible to file a claim.
Liability can be factored into workers’ comp when there is:
- Suspicion of horseplay: If you were intentionally breaking company safety protocols or were trying to get hurt, then you might not be eligible for workers’ compensation. After all, workers’ comp covers workplace accidents, not purely any injury that happens at work.
- Third-party involvement: If you were injured by a third party at work – like a customer or a vendor – then you might be able to get workers’ comp and file a personal injury claim against that party for damages not provided otherwise.
Do You Need Evidence for Your Claim?
With workers’ compensation being a no-fault system, you technically do not need evidence to file your claim and successfully receive benefits. But if you have any evidence available, then you should collect it all the same. If your case becomes complicated for any reason, or your claim is denied, then the evidence you have could be what helps you get the benefits you deserve, with the help of our attorneys.
What Benefits Do You Get with Workers’ Comp?
Important workers’ compensation benefits include:
- Medical benefits: 100% of the medical costs incurred from treating your work-related injury should be provided by the insurance company. You shouldn’t have to pay for anything, not even co-pay and prescription costs.
- Disability pay: If you can’t return to work for a week or more, then you can become eligible for disability pay that replaces part of your missing wages. Most people who get disability pay qualify for 66.67% of their average weekly pre-injury wages paid each week until they can return to some form of employment.
- Vocational retraining: When a worker’s injury is too severe to allow them to return to their previous employment, they might qualify for vocational retraining benefits, which pay for courses and education that help them begin a new job at the same or a new company.
Isn’t Workers’ Comp Great? Find Out More Today
Workers’ compensation is a great insurance program for injured workers. It can only be as great as the involved employers and insurers, though. If your workers’ comp case is not being respected by your boss or their insurance provider, then you should call our Henderson workers’ compensation attorneys at (702) 505-8115 right away. We can see if there are legal steps you can take to set things right, like filing a lawsuit if necessary.
“Since day one of meeting Brett, I knew I was in good hands. Brett made sure to thoroughly explain and cover any/all question or concern that I had, and was able to ease my mind and get me an answer to the question/s I was seeking.”- Julie
“Lawrence Smith is a Godsend! He's a good man. Very nice & professional.”- Aaliyah R.
“They made everything so seamless and easy for me and were always available for questions or reassurance. This law firm clearly not only cares about what they do, but the clients they do it for. Thank you, Javier and the whole team!”- Aimee W.
Legacy of Client Satisfaction
Word-of-mouth referrals and repeat clients account for more than 85% of our business, which is a testament to the level of service we provide.
Proven Record of Results
We have recovered millions of dollars in successful verdicts and settlements for injured clients throughout the state of Nevada.
Experience You Can Trust
Our attorneys, paralegals and support staff leverage decades of experience across a diverse range of backgrounds on behalf of our clients.
Committed to the Community
We are proud to support a number of charitable organizations as a way to give back to the community we are honored to serve.
Comprehensive Legal Guidance
Our attorneys will handle each aspect of your case, including securing short and long-term medical care, helping to recover lost wages and more.
We strive to treat our clients with integrity, compassion, and respect and provide them with clear communication every step of the way.