Henderson Truck Accident Lawyers
Standing Up for Nevadans Injured in Semi-Truck Collisions
Have you or a loved one been injured by a truck accident in Henderson? The law firm of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter, Smith & Cullen is here to help you obtain compensation for your losses and receive medical treatment.
Trucks and other heavy commercial vehicles that can be involved in a collision include:
- Box trucks
- Buses (city, tour, school, etc.)
- Cement trucks
- Delivery vehicles
- Flatbed trucks
- Garbage trucks
- Rental trucks (moving vans, etc.)
- Semi-trucks/18 wheelers
- Tanker trucks
- Tow trucks
- Utility trucks
- And more
At Bertoldo, Baker, Carter, Smith & Cullen, our Henderson truck accident attorneys are committed to proving accessible, personalized, and one on one representation to each client to better allow us to stand up for your interests. We have successfully secured mission dollar settlements for clients injured by trucks and other motor vehicles.
How Do Truck Accidents Occur?
Commercial trucking operations are massive, nationwide efforts that involve many parties and numerous moving parts. This makes truck accident claims far more complex than traditional car and other motor vehicle accident claims. When you file a truck accident claim, the driver may have been at fault for the crash—or a number of other parties may be liable as well or instead. We will investigate the crash to determine who is at fault.
Common causes of trucking accidents include:
- Driver error: Truckers work long hours and are under a lot of pressure to make tight deadlines. This can lead to anything from driver fatigue todriving under the influence of stimulants, other drugs, or alcohol. Additionally, truckers may crash due to distracted driving, poor weather, unfamiliar roads, lack of training, and more.
- Improper loading: If a cargo load isn’t loaded correctly, the contents may tip or spill, causing the truck to tip over as well as other potential accidents. In such cases, the loading company or another third party may be held liable for any injuries caused by such a crash.
- Lack of truck maintenance: Trucks need to be regularly maintained and serviced, otherwise problems such as engine failure, tire blowouts, and more can lead to devastating accidents. The truck’s owner and/or trucking company responsible for the vehicle may be held liable in such cases.
- Manufacturer defects: If a truck’s engine, brakes, steering, or another component fails, and that failure is traced to the truck’s manufacturer, you may be able to hold them accountable for your damages.
Injuries Commonly Caused by Truck Accidents
Truck accident injuries are unsurprisingly among the most serious of all motor vehicle accidents. When a heavy commercial truck strikes a smaller, passenger vehicle, the people in the latter tend to suffer the worst injuries. While truck accident victims do sometimes walk away with no0thing but scrap[es and bruises, often the injuries sustained tend to be on the serious side.
Victims often sustain injuries such as:
- Amputation/loss of limb
- Back and neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Burn injuries
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Spinal and spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) and other head injuries
- Wrongful death
What Can I Claim in Damages?
When you file a truck accident injury claim on behalf of yourself, you can receive compensation for all expenses that are deemed to be relevant to your accident and necessary for your recovery. If filing a claim on behalf of a deceased loved one, the compensation is geared more towards funeral expenses and recompense for emotional losses.
Truck accident damages tend to fall into the following categories:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages/loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering, loss of companionship, and other non-economic losses
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Property damage repair and replacement costs
- Other accident-related expenses
By discussing the specifics of your unique case with a lawyer at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter, Smith & Cullen, we can help you determine what compensation you may be eligible for more accurately and will fight for your right to the maximum award.
We Will Fight for You
Bertoldo, Baker, Carter, Smith & Cullen has years of experience fighting for the rights of wrongfully injured and killed truck accident victims. Let us fight for you.
“John Bertoldo spent hours with me explaining all legal matters and guiding me in this difficult time for me. The loyalty of this law firm was beyond my expectations. Great settlement and so happy with results!”- Mahir S.
“Lawrence Smith is a Godsend! He's a good man. Very nice & professional.”- Aaliyah R.
“Since day one of meeting Brett, I knew I was in good hands. Brett made sure to thoroughly explain and cover any/all question or concern that I had, and was able to ease my mind and get me an answer to the question/s I was seeking.”- Julie M.
We strive to treat our clients with integrity, compassion, and respect and provide them with clear communication every step of the way.
Comprehensive Legal Guidance
Our attorneys will handle each aspect of your case, including securing short and long-term medical care, helping to recover lost wages and more.
Committed to the Community
We are proud to support a number of charitable organizations as a way to give back to the community we are honored to serve.
Legacy of Client Satisfaction
Word-of-mouth referrals and repeat clients account for more than 85% of our business, which is a testament to the level of service we provide.
Experience You Can Trust
Our attorneys, paralegals and support staff leverage decades of experience across a diverse range of backgrounds on behalf of our clients.
Proven Record of Results
We have recovered millions of dollars in successful verdicts and settlements for injured clients throughout the state of Nevada.