Nevada Personal Injury Lawyers Representing Accident Victims in Zephyr Cove
The lake community of Zephyr Cove is a small, census-designated place in Douglas County, Nevada.
Like Round Hill Village, Zephyr Cove is situated along the eastern shore of Lake Tahoe. Zephyr Cove was known as Zephyr Cove-Round Hill Village census-designated place, prior to the communities’ split in 2010. The smaller of the two towns, Zephyr Cove measures approximately 2.2 square miles in size and is home to roughly 560 people.
Although the town is nestled away from the urban sprawl, it is easily accessible by State Route 50, a major roadway that runs through Zephyr Cove. As a result, the small town is connected with Reno and Carson City, in addition to the California state line to the West.
Unfortunately, no community in the country is a stranger to sudden loss. Every year, people lose their lives due to the negligence of another in wrongful death incidents, something that can be a particularly traumatic ordeal.
Wrongful Death Cases in Zephyr Cove
Wrongful deaths occur when an individual is killed due to the negligent behavior of another individual or entity, including organizations or companies. Typically in these situations, a family member or beneficiary, if the victim has any, will file a wrongful death suit.
Although the statute of limitations regarding wrongful death crimes varies on a state-to-state basis, Nevada’s statute of limitations is six years. Wrongful death claims apply if:
- The victim leaves behind a spouse, children or other beneficiaries, or if the death resulted in monetary loss
- The individual died as a direct result of the defendant
- The defendant was negligent
Typically, the goal in these types of cases is the recovery of financial losses that were incurred as a result of the sudden death. Someone’s untimely death could lead to:
- Excessive medical or funeral expenses
- The loss of inheritance, care or benefits
- Emotional and mental anguish
- Lost anticipated earnings
In Zephyr Cove and the surrounding communities in Douglas County, a wrongful death attorney can help investigate the circumstances surrounding untimely death and assist in recovering any losses incurred during this difficult time.
If You Have a Wrongful Death Claim
With wrongful death claims, it is imperative that claims are filed prior to the statute of limitations. If a claim is not filed within that time frame, evidence may no longer be applicable, although it might be overwhelming. Addressing the claim early ensures that the case follows the proper legal channels – a factor that can make a world of difference in your case and the future of your family.
In Nevada, Bertoldo, Baker, Carter, and Smith has a strong, experienced team of wrongful death attorneys who are on-hand and prepared to assist with your claim. If the loss of your loved one came as a result of another’s negligence, you should contact our attorneys to discuss how we can help you heal, both financially and emotionally.
Directions to Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorneys from Zephyr Cove, NV
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Zephyr Cove, NV
Total Est. Time: 7 hr 08 mins
Total Est. Distance: 443 mi
- Head north on Look Out Rd
- Turn left to stay on Lookout Rd
- Continue onto S Martin Dr
- Turn left to stay on S Martin Dr
- Turn right onto N Martin Dr
- Turn left onto US-50 W
- Sharp left onto NV-207 E/Kingsbury Grade Rd
- Turn right onto NV-206 S
- Turn left onto Centerville Ln
- Continue onto Dresslerville Rd
- Continue straight to stay on Dresslerville Rd
- Continue onto Riverview Dr
- Turn right onto US-395 S
- Turn left onto NV-208 E
- Slight left onto NV-339 N
- Turn right onto US-95 ALT S
- Turn left at Bonanza to stay on US-95 ALT S
- Turn right onto US-95 S/Rte 95 S
- Turn left onto NV-362 S/US-95 Truck
- Turn left onto US-95 S/Rte 95 S
- Turn left onto US-95 S/S 2nd St/Rte 95 S
- Take exit 81 for Rainbow Blvd
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Rainbow Boulevard S and merge onto N Rainbow Blvd
- Merge onto N Rainbow Blvd
- Turn right onto W Sahara Ave
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
7408 West Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, Nevada 89117