Nevada Personal Injury Lawyers Representing Accident Victims in Lemmon Valley
Lemmon Valley is a small community in Washoe County, Nevada. It is a northern suburb of one of the state’s entertainment meccas, Reno.
Situated away from the city’s vibrant lights and bustling center, Lemmon Valley is just a short distance from Interstate 395. Nearby are the communities of Spanish Springs, Sun Valley and Cold Springs, all of which are positioned north of Reno. Lemmon Valley is also near the 80 and 580 interstates, which connect to areas like Carson City to the south of Reno, and Sacramento, California to the west.
This census-designated place is home to approximately 5,000 residents, many of whom have canine companions. While many families with domesticated animals never experience an issue, situations involving dog bites and the bodily injury of another party happen more often than most would like.
Dog Bite Injuries in Lemmon Valley
Victims of dog bites can have injuries ranging from very minor to potentially devastating. Sometimes, long-term muscle or ligament damage occurs, which has lifelong consequences for the victim.
According to Nevada law, a dog may be defined as dangerous if:
- The dog’s actions are threatening in nature
- The dog has been involved in two separate, unprovoked attacks in a span of 18 months
Dogs will not be labeled as dangerous if the animal is defending either itself or property from an individual who is, or intends to commit a crime. The label is also nullified if the dog is protecting itself from the harm of a provoking party.
However, a dog may be classified as vicious if:
- The dog inflicted severe bodily harm without any known provocation
- The dog kills someone without any known provocation
It is important to note that owners who intentionally possess a vicious animal could be charged with a felony. In situations like dog bite cases, lawyers may conduct investigations to determine whether the animal has a history of dangerous behavior, or if the owner was the negligent party in the incident.
What to Do If You Are a Dog Bite Victim
If you or someone you love has suffered a dog bite injury, it is of the utmost importance that you seek the advice of an accomplished personal injury attorney.
At the law office of Bertoldo Carter Smith & Cullen, our team of personal injury and auto accident attorneys has spent more than 30 years pursuing claims for victims of personal injury, including dog bites. We help you seek the proper medical care, and aid in recovering any lost wages or medical expenses so you can protect your interests now, as well as in the future.
If you would like to discuss your case with one of our personal injury attorneys, we invite you to call us at (702) 505-8115.
Directions to Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorneys From Lemmon Valley, NV
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Lemmon Valley, NV
Total Est. Time: 6 hr 58 mins
Total Est. Distance: 454 mi
- Head west on Nectar St toward Pine St
- Turn left onto Lemmon Dr
- Turn left to merge onto US-395 S
- Merge onto US-395 S
- Take exit 68 to merge onto I-80 E toward Elko
- Take exit 48 toward US-95 Alt/US-50 Alt/E Fernley
- Turn right onto I-80BUS W/US-95 ALT (signs for Fernley/Fallon/NAS Fallon)
- At the traffic circle, take the 3rd exit onto US-50 ALT E/E Main St
- Continue onto US-50 E
- Turn right onto McLean Rd
- Turn left onto NV-117 S
- Turn right onto US-95 S/Rte 95 S
- Turn left onto NV-362 S/US-95 Truck
- Turn left onto US-95 S/Rte 95 S
- Turn left onto US-95 S/S 2nd St/Rte 95 S
- Take exit 81 for Rainbow Blvd
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Rainbow Boulevard S and merge onto N Rainbow Blvd
- Merge onto N Rainbow Blvd
- Turn right onto W Sahara Ave
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
7408 West Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, Nevada 89117