Boulder City Truck Accident Attorneys
Big Rig, Semi-Truck & Tractor-Trailer Accident Cases
If you need reliable legal counsel after being hit by a commercial truck, then you should pick up the phone, dial (702) 505-8115, and connect with our Boulder City truck accident lawyers from Bertoldo, Baker, Carter, Smith & Cullen. Unfortunately, you can’t depend on anyone responsible for the crash to help you out now. They will be more interested in protecting their finances. To build a strong case and pursue the compensation you know you deserve, lean on us and our extensive legal experience.
Let us know right away if you were hurt in an accident involving a:
- Big rig
- Delivery truck or van
- Gas truck or cement truck
Commercial truck accidents are notorious for causing legal headaches afterward. Trucking companies and their insurers try to push back wherever they can. Prepare for their tactics by allowing our team to guide and represent you.
Whose Insurance Covers Your Damages?
Sometimes, the question of why a truck accident happened is not as important as the question of who will pay for it now that it did. You know that you are owed significant damages for your medical bills, lost wages, vehicle repairs, pain, suffering, and so on. But you might not know whose insurance covers those damages. This is where our team can step in and make sense of everything.
In the average truck accident case, there are two policies to file against:
- Truck driver’s personal policy: Many truck drivers are independent contractors when working. If they cause an accident, it can be difficult to pass liability entirely upwards to their employer. During such a case, we might first have to file against the trucker’s privately held insurance policy.
- Trucking company’s policy: If damages remain unpaid after filing against the truck driver, or if the trucker was an official employee, then we can consider filing against the trucking company’s insurance policy that covers all their workers. Such policies are usually much larger and, therefore, can provide more damages before capping out.
How to Determine Liability
Figuring out what party owes you what compensation and how much depends on the liability for the accident. In this way, your actions before, during, and after the truck accident matter, too. If you did something negligent that contributed to the crash, then your liability will go up and your total recovery will go down. You might even lose the ability to recover anything if you were mostly liable for the wreck.
Our team can use convincing evidence in various forms to prove you weren’t liable, such as:
- Dashcam footage
- Testimonies from drivers who stopped to help
- Police and EMT reports
- Truck “black box” data
We want to bring your liability down to 0%, which will give you the right to demand 100% of your owed damages from the defendant or defendants. We are ready to go to great lengths to make this happen, such as hiring accident reconstruction experts if necessary. The cost of hiring such an expert can even be added to your owed compensation.
Catastrophic Injuries Call for Serious Counsel
Catastrophic injuries often follow truck accidents, such as:
- Amputations: A violent truck accident can cause life-changing injuries in an instant. For example, if a victim’s arm or leg is severely injured in the crash, then doctors might need to amputate.
- Back and neck injuries: Chronic back pain and whiplash are not uncommon in truck accident survivors, especially when the injury was caused by a rear-end accident.
- Brain injuries: If a motorist hits their head on the steering wheel or elsewhere during a truck accident, then they can suffer a traumatic brain injury (TBI) that will require lifelong specialist care.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord damage can cause immediate and permanent paralysis. The higher the injury on the spine, the more body parts will be paralyzed.
To make sure that you can live as comfortably as possible after a bad truck accident, our team will calculate the full extent of your damages, including those that will be owed to you for harm or hardships that happen years in the future. Commonly, truck accident claims can reach millions of dollars of compensation when future damages are calculated.
Let’s Fight for Maximum Compensation Today
While you are resting, our Boulder City truck accident attorneys would like to get to work for you. We can use our array of talents and insights to build and pursue your injury claim as if we were representing ourselves. The trucking company and their insurer won’t be ready for our aggressive approach!
Please call (702) 505-8115 today. We want to help you.
“John Bertoldo spent hours with me explaining all legal matters and guiding me in this difficult time for me. The loyalty of this law firm was beyond my expectations. Great settlement and so happy with results!”- Mahir S.
“Lawrence Smith is a Godsend! He's a good man. Very nice & professional.”- Aaliyah R.
“John Bertoldo made us feel very at ease about the situation... They truly care about their clients and making them feel at ease through the entire process. Overall I think the process has been exceptional.”- Pete
Legacy of Client Satisfaction
Word-of-mouth referrals and repeat clients account for more than 85% of our business, which is a testament to the level of service we provide.
Comprehensive Legal Guidance
Our attorneys will handle each aspect of your case, including securing short and long-term medical care, helping to recover lost wages and more.
Experience You Can Trust
Our attorneys, paralegals and support staff leverage decades of experience across a diverse range of backgrounds on behalf of our clients.
Committed to the Community
We are proud to support a number of charitable organizations as a way to give back to the community we are honored to serve.
Proven Record of Results
We have recovered millions of dollars in successful verdicts and settlements for injured clients throughout the state of Nevada.
We strive to treat our clients with integrity, compassion, and respect and provide them with clear communication every step of the way.