Catastrophic Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas
Collisions, product liability cases, premises liability cases (slip and falls), and medical malpractice claims can all result in personal injuries, and the trauma of the experience can overwhelm more than the person who is hurt, but their families too.
When these incidents cause catastrophic injuries, the financial impact of the ongoing, long-term medical care and lost wages — combined with the emotional pain and suffering the injured person is subjected to — can be overwhelming and last a lifetime.
At Bertoldo Carter Smith & Cullen, our catastrophic injury attorneys in Las Vegas, Nevada represent victims who are entitled to compensation that reflects the lasting impact and permanent effects they have suffered from another’s negligence.
Common Types of Catastrophic Injuries in Las Vegas, Nevada
A catastrophic injury refers to a severe injury that causes significant, long-term damage to a person's body or mind. These injuries often have a profound and lasting impact on the individual's life, leading to disabilities, extensive medical treatments, and significant changes in their ability to perform daily activities. Catastrophic injuries typically result in a permanent loss of function or impairment and may require ongoing medical care and rehabilitation.
Common types of catastrophic injuries can include, but are not limited to:
- Traumatic brain injuries: Result from a severe blow or penetrating injury to the head, causing damage to the brain. TBIs can lead to cognitive, behavioral, and motor impairments.
- Spinal Cord Injuries (SCI): Damage to the spinal cord, often resulting in paralysis or loss of sensation below the level of the injury.
- Amputations: Involves the partial or complete loss of a limb, such as an arm, leg, hand, or foot.
- Back and neck injuries: Includes spinal cord injuries, fractures, or damage to the vertebrae, which can result in paralysis or significant impairment of bodily functions.
- Disfigurement: Refers to severe and permanent changes in a person's physical appearance, often due to burns, scars, or other traumatic injuries.
- Loss of Hearing or Vision: This involves permanent impairment or total loss of hearing or vision, which can significantly impact an individual's quality of life.
- Multiple Bone Injuries: Refers to the simultaneous or sequential fractures of multiple bones, often resulting from high-impact accidents.
- Organ Damage: Injury to vital organs such as the heart, lungs, liver, or kidneys, which can lead to serious health complications and long-term consequences.
- Paralysis: Occurs when there is a loss of muscle function in part or all of the body, often associated with spinal cord injuries or severe trauma to the nervous system.
- Severe burn injuries: Involves extensive damage to the skin and underlying tissues, leading to long-term physical and psychological effects.
- Organ Damage: Severe damage to internal organs, such as the heart, lungs, liver, or kidneys, which can lead to life-threatening complications.
- Crush Injuries: Occur when a body part is trapped between two objects or experiences extreme pressure, resulting in severe damage to muscles, tissues, and potentially nerves.
Our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers demand a higher level of compensation for our catastrophic injury clients because their injuries are more severe and require long-term, expensive medical care, and treatment that requires the proper financial settlement or jury verdict they deserve.
How Do Catastrophic Injuries Differ From Personal Injuries?
Personal injuries are devastating and cause more than physical harm, but emotional and financial stress for the person who is hurt and those dear to them, including friends and family members who may be charged with care. Our clients who suffer from broken bones, muscle and tendon tears, joint damage, severe cuts, and abrasions deserve compensation for their injuries, so they do not have to pay any of their expenses out of pocket.
When a catastrophic injury results from a collision, medical malpractice, product liability, or another form of negligence, the injured person’s quality of life is significantly compromised.
Long-term care and ongoing financial assistance will be required because of the extent of the injuries, and our Las Vegas attorneys fight for each of our clients to ensure they are able to access the care they need.
The financial setbacks that accompany catastrophic injuries can include:
- Inability to return to work and the lost wages that result
- Long-term, specialized medical care
- Ongoing rehabilitation and therapy
- Permanent assistance or supervision
- Prescription drug and medical device purchases
- Special accommodations, including medical equipment, vehicles, and ramps
In contrast, personal injury victims are compensated for their medical care, and while the injuries can be severe, the duration of care is typically shorter than that of a catastrophic injury victim. Personal injury victims can also be compensated for the amount of time they are out of work and the lost wages that resulted from their injuries. Any miscellaneous expenses and care requirements will be included in our legal claim holding the negligent party responsible, so our clients can move forward with less stress and more positivity.
Victims who suffer from catastrophic injuries often require daily living assistance from the time of the incident, through for the foreseeable future. When their family is dependent on their financial, physical, and emotional support, the hardship extends to more than the injured person, and the result is overwhelming.
The attorneys at Bertoldo Carter Smith & Cullen represent both personal injury and catastrophic injury victims in Las Vegas and throughout Nevada with a commitment to deliver tailored solutions. Our injury attorneys’ primary legal objective is to provide our clients with the best outcome available for their unique cases.
Seeking the Maximum Compensation for Catastrophic Injuries in Nevada
The insurance companies and lawyers who represent the negligent parties who cause our personal injury and catastrophic injury clients’ harm are unlikely to agree to pay any damages without the experienced legal pressure our firm applies to provide the outcome our clients deserve. At Bertoldo Carter Smith & Cullen, our catastrophic and personal injury attorneys in Las Vegas provide aggressive representation that provides solutions for our clients and their families.
If you have been injured by someone’s negligence, we can help. Contact our skilled catastrophic injury attorneys at (702) 505-8115 to learn how Bertoldo Carter Smith & Cullen in Las Vegas, NV can help today. We will pursue the responsible party to hold them accountable for their negligent actions while seeking the best financial outcome available for your injuries.
- Getting Treatment for “Minor” Head Injury can Prevent Deadly Brain Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Legal Help for Head-On Car-Accident Victims
- Tragic Local Accident Blamed on Excessive Speed
- Child Suffering Brain Injury Returns To Site Of Tragic Nevada Hit-And-Run Accident
- Is Recovering From A Severe Traumatic Brain Injury Possible?
Our attorneys, paralegals and support staff leverage decades of experience across a diverse range of backgrounds on behalf of our clients.
Word-of-mouth referrals and repeat clients account for more than 85% of our business, which is a testament to the level of service we provide.
We strive to treat our clients with integrity, compassion, and respect and provide them with clear communication every step of the way.
We have recovered millions of dollars in successful verdicts and settlements for injured clients throughout the state of Nevada.
NO FEES UNTIL WE WIN!
“The kindness and compassion they showed during my case was amazing! They always made me feel like a member of their family and not just a client.”- Ryan W.
“I was involved in two car accidents within a year. They made everything so seamless and easy for me and were always available for questions or reassurance. This law firm clearly not only cares about what they do, but the clients they do it for. Thank you, ”- Aimee W.
“John Bertoldo made us feel very at ease about the situation... They truly care about their clients and making them feel at ease through the entire process. Overall I think the process has been exceptional.”- Pete S.
“They were fast, caring, and always answered my questions and reassured me throughout the process. I highly recommend Lindsay Cullen as an attorney and the firm to represent you if you're seeking any legal guidance.”- Jay G.
“Lawrence Smith is a Godsend! He's a good man. Very nice & professional.”- Aaliyah R.
“Since day one of meeting Brett, I knew I was in good hands. Brett made sure to thoroughly explain and cover any/all question or concern that I had, and was able to ease my mind and get me an answer to the question/s I was seeking.”- Julie M.
“I highly recommend Steve Baker and the entire team. Thank you again for always answering all of our questions and being so easy to work with, something I have not experienced with other firms here in town.”- Steven P.
“Thank you all so much for all the hard work you put into my case. All of you mean the world to me and I am thankful to have received the most quality help from the BBC&S team. Thanks again and I miss you all!”- Sierra S. P.
$100 Million Product Defect and Fatality from Helicopter Crash
$30 Million Fatality/Burn Disfigurement from Helicopter Crash
$19.5 Million Brain Damage from Motor Vehicle Accident
$18.5 Million Wrongful Death from Aircraft Accident
$16 Million Motor Vehicle Accident, Mild Traumatic Brain Injury
$12 Million Negligence Security leading to Sexual Assault
$10.8 Million Brain Injury, Premises Liability
$10 Million Brain Injury, Premises Liability