Workers' Compensation Lawyers Las Vegas, Nevada
Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith: Skilled Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
At Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith, our workers’ compensation attorneys in Las Vegas, NV know that getting hurt at work creates difficult circumstances. Not only are you injured, but the paperwork, interviews, dictated medical care, and lost wages mount quickly on your physical and emotional well-being. Our Las Vegas workers’ compensation lawyers will provide a clear path to financial recovery that allows you to focus on your injuries, and heal fully, while we pursue your employer’s insurance company swiftly and effectively, seeking results without delay.
Workers’ Compensation FAQs
Q: Are all Nevada employers required to carry workers’ compensation insurance?
If a company is found in violation of this law they may be subjected to:
- Administrative fines up to $15,000
- Premium penalties
- Full financial responsibility for any injuries that occur while uninsured
- Business closure until insurance is obtained
- Criminal penalties for claims resulting in substantial bodily harm or death
Q: What if an employer requires employees to obtain their own workers’ compensation insurance?
A: According to the Nevada Department of Business and Industry a business cannot require employees to obtain their own workers’ compensation policies. The cost of workers’ compensation cannot be charged to employees – in any amount. The employer must shoulder all costs of the policy.
Q: What if I am hurt at work, but no one witnesses the accident?
A: Nevada is a no-fault workers’ compensation state, which means you do not have to prove your employer was at fault to pursue workers’ compensation. This allows employees protection from injury, even if they are hurt without a witness to corroborate the accident.
Q: Are there exceptions to the no-fault worker’s compensation coverage?
A: Like all laws, there are exceptions to the typical application. When it comes to workers’ compensation, employees are ineligible for benefits if it is proven that the injured employee:
- Was under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of the accident
- Deliberately caused the accident that resulted in injury
Q: What types of injuries are covered by workers’ compensation coverage?
A: Injuries that occur at work, whether minor or severe, immediate or occurring over time, are eligible for workers’ compensation.
Workers’ compensation accident and injuries can include, but are not limited to:
- Slip and fall accidents, including neck and spine, shoulder and knee injuries
- Construction accidents, including falls, crushed by or against injuries
- Repetitive motion accidents, including hearing or vision loss, joint and muscle damage
- Factory accidents, including digit loss and amputations
- Workplace violence
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Wrongful death
Q: If I am hurt at work, what type of workers’ compensation benefits am I entitled to?
A: Under the Nevada Workers’ Compensation Laws, eligible employees who are hurt at work, are entitled to compensation for:
- Medical treatment
- Lost compensation and potential wages/earnings
- Permanent partial or total disability
- Vocational rehabilitation
Q: Am I able to seek medical care with the doctor of my choice?
A: Unfortunately, no. You must visit an authorized medical service provider as dictated by the workers’ compensation policy.
Q: What if I lost a loved one in a work accident? Am I entitled to benefits under the workers’ compensation laws?
A: Yes. Dependent benefits in the event of death are part of the Nevada Workers’ Compensation laws. This process will require legal representation to ensure your interests are protected, and that your claim is not denied by the insurance carrier before it is investigated. Our attorneys will lead the charge in developing a case that allows you to recover from your tragic loss.
A: Workers’ compensation claims are filled with paperwork, deadlines, medical coverage mandates, employer interaction, insurance representative interviews, and potential bureaucratic delays. With our skilled attorneys by your side, we can help you seek the best medical care, and deliver direction on the best ways to heal fully before being ordered back to work. When you are hurt at work, your livelihood is at stake every second you are losing wages. We can help you and your family focus on the best approach to pursuing the maximum coverage and financial recovery without delays, confusion or anxiety.
Workers’ Compensation Resources:
Call Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Las Vegas Now
Call our accomplished Las Vegas, Nevada workers’ compensation attorneys at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith today at 702-228-2600 to schedule a free consultation. We will start your claim filing process immediately and allow you to rest easy knowing your work injury case is in the best legal hands available in Nevada.
- What kinds of Injuries and Diseases are covered under Nevada Workers Compensation Laws?
- Filing A Worker’s Comp Case Or Seek Treatment
- Can a Worker Recover Damages for a Slip-and-Fall Accident at Client’s Site
- Javier Arguello, The Best Lawyers in America©2018 in the field of Workers Compensation
- Obtaining Compensation for Vacation Slip-and-Fall Accidents