Workers' Compensation Benefits Las Vegas, Nevada
Nevada workers’ compensation benefits have been outlined to ensure injured workers are able to obtain compensation when they sustain an injury or develop an illness over the course of their employment. Workers’ compensation benefits may also be provided for surviving family members of people who are killed on the job.
The Las Vegas workers’ compensation lawyers at the law firm of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter, Smith & Cullen help injured workers and their families seek financial recovery for time off work during the recovery process, medical bills and more. For more information, or to schedule a free and private consultation, contact us today.
How to Obtain Workers’ Compensation Benefits
According to the laws governing workers’ compensation benefits in Las Vegas, a person who is injured while working must submit written notice to his or her employer within seven days of the accident. If the injury requires medical treatment of any kind, the injured worker needs to have his or her physician submit what is known as a “Claim for Compensation” (Form C-4) within three days of treatment.
There are specific rules that must be followed in order to obtain workers’ compensation benefits. To ensure that you receive the maximum amount of benefits available, you should consult with a workers’ compensation lawyer at our firm. We will make sure that all the proper forms are filled out, correctly, and on time so you do not get denied certain benefits.
We will focus on protecting the best interests of you and your family, so you can focus on a speedy and full recovery without having the added stress of trying to meet deadlines and worry about filing a claim.
Temporary and Permanent Disability Benefits
If your injury prevents you from working, you may qualify for temporary or permanent disability benefits, which may include:
- Temporary Total Disability (TTD): Workers may qualify to receive TTD if they are ordered, by their doctor, not to work for at least five consecutive days
- Temporary Partial Disability (TPD): workers may qualify for TPD if they are making less money than they are entitled to once they go back to work after injury
- Permanent Partial Disability (PPD): Workers may be entitled to PPD if a permanent disability is discovered as a result of the workplace accident; the recovery amount will depend on factors including your age, the date of the injury, and the amount of money you were making prior to injury
- Permanent Total Disability (PTD): Workers may qualify to receive PTD if your physician deems you as being disabled; you may receive benefits each month, totaling no more than just above 66 percent of your average monthly income
If your new disability prevents you from returning to a normal course of employment, you may be entitled to receive vocational rehabilitation services to prepare you for a new job.
Workers Compensation Resources:
Ask a Las Vegas Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
The workers’ compensation benefits you are entitled to depend on several factors. However, to ensure that you receive the full benefits that are owed to you by law, you should hire an experienced and knowledgeable Las Vegas workers’ compensation lawyer. For more information or to speak with an injury attorney about your circumstances, contact our workers’ compensation attorneys today.
- What kinds of Injuries and Diseases are covered under Nevada Workers Compensation Laws?
- Filing A Worker’s Comp Case Or Seek Treatment
- Can a Worker Recover Damages for a Slip-and-Fall Accident at Client’s Site
- Javier Arguello, The Best Lawyers in America©2018 in the field of Workers Compensation
- Obtaining Compensation for Vacation Slip-and-Fall Accidents
“They were fast, caring, and always answered my questions and reassured me throughout the process. I highly recommend Lindsay Cullen as an attorney and the firm to represent you if you're seeking any legal guidance.”- Jay G.
“Since day one of meeting Brett, I knew I was in good hands. Brett made sure to thoroughly explain and cover any/all question or concern that I had, and was able to ease my mind and get me an answer to the question/s I was seeking.”- Julie M.
“I highly recommend Steve Baker and the entire team. Thank you again for always answering all of our questions and being so easy to work with, something I have not experienced with other firms here in town.”- Steven P.
We strive to treat our clients with integrity, compassion, and respect and provide them with clear communication every step of the way.
Experience You Can Trust
Our attorneys, paralegals and support staff leverage decades of experience across a diverse range of backgrounds on behalf of our clients.
Comprehensive Legal Guidance
Our attorneys will handle each aspect of your case, including securing short and long-term medical care, helping to recover lost wages and more.
Proven Record of Results
We have recovered millions of dollars in successful verdicts and settlements for injured clients throughout the state of Nevada.
Legacy of Client Satisfaction
Word-of-mouth referrals and repeat clients account for more than 85% of our business, which is a testament to the level of service we provide.
Committed to the Community
We are proud to support a number of charitable organizations as a way to give back to the community we are honored to serve.