Brain Injury Attorneys Las Vegas
Brain Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
A brain/head injury is a serious case, even if there are no obvious signs of cuts, bleeding, or other physical damage. Major health risks can emerge if a brain injury goes undiagnosed, which is why it’s essential to get immediate medical care and monitoring. When this brain injury occurs because of someone else’s negligence, you can’t afford to let it slide while your medical bills pile up. Our Las Vegas Brain Injury Attorneys and legal team is ready to help you get the care and compensation that you and your loved ones need.
Understanding Brain Injury in Las Vegas, Nevada
A brain injury physical, emotional, cognitive, or psychological, and can prove to be permanent or even fatal. In the United States, there are an estimated 1.5 million cases of brain injuries every year. Of these brain injury cases, it has been found that:
- 230,000 victims are hospitalized and survive the incident
- 50,000 victims die from severe brain damage
- 80,000 to 90,000 victims suffer long-term disability from the injury
Unfortunately, there is no known cure for a brain injury. However, advances in medical technology have allowed for better options for treatment and long-term care to mitigate the damage done to each victim and their family. Rehabilitation programs are also available to improve a brain injury victim’s quality of life and restore their independence.
Under Chapter 427A.850 of the Nevada Revised Statutes, the State of Nevada is required to set up a program to provide care for traumatic brain injury victims. This program includes access to health and assisted living facility, in-home care, job placement, instruction on independent living, drug and alcohol abuse counseling, and support for victims’ families. Every brain injury victim deserves access to these services as well as compensation for their suffering.
Frequently Asked Questions About Brain Injuries in Las Vegas
1. When should I go to a doctor for a head/brain injury?
It’s recommended that you seek immediate medical attention if you or someone you know experiences any of the following symptoms:
- Sensory impairment
- Difficulty with balance
2. What is the most common cause of brain injuries?
In the United States, the most common causes of traumatic brain injuries are acts of violence, car accidents, and construction accidents, slip and fall accidents, or a personal injury obtained while playing sports. Motorcycle riders are at high risk for brain injury due to the force of the impact they suffer during an accident, although the risk can be lessened by wearing a properly-designed helmet.
3. What are the long-term effects of a brain injury?
Research shows that the possible long-term effects of a traumatic brain injury include:
- Memory loss
- Difficulty with language
- Attention and learning issues
- Mood swings
How Our Brain Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas Can Get You Compensation for Your Case
At the law office of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith in Las Vegas, we are compassionate about brain injury victims. Not only do we think you deserve the best medical care, but we’ll combine our Las Vegas brain injury attorneys experience and resources to help you get the maximum amount of compensation that you deserve.
Get a Free Legal Consultation Today at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith in Las Vegas, Nevada
If you or a loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury in Las Vegas, then you should seek immediate medical attention. And if you believe that another party is responsible for this trauma, then don’t delay. Get in touch today with a qualified Las Vegas brain injury lawyer. The brain injury law firm of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith in Las Vegas is ready to help you assess every legal issue in your case. We offer a free initial consultation for all clients. We’ll come directly to you if you’re unable to leave your home or the hospital. Contact our law firm online or call us at 702-228-2600.
Related Links :
- Getting Treatment for “Minor” Head Injury can Prevent Deadly Brain Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
- Brain Injuries Video
- What You Should Do Following a Brain Injury
- How To Protect Your Rights After A Traumatic Brain Injury
- Experienced Legal Representation for Catastrophic Injuries And Personal Injuries In Las Vegas, Nevada
- Legal Help for Head-On Car-Accident Victims
- Tragic Local Accident Blamed on Excessive Speed
- Traumatic Brain Injuries & Permanent Disabilities Require Complete Financial Recovery
- Child Suffering Brain Injury Returns To Site Of Tragic Nevada Hit-And-Run Accident
- Is Recovering From A Severe Traumatic Brain Injury Possible?