Pahrump Truck Accident Attorneys
We Can Sue Trucking Companies for You
When you have been hit by a negligent truck driver, who can you rely on for helpful legal counsel and genuine moral support? The good people of Pahrump know they can depend on Bertoldo, Baker, Carter, Smith & Cullen! Our truck accident lawyers have made their careers out of fighting insurance companies and corporations in difficult cases. With a long history of case successes behind us, you know you can trust your case with us.
Causes of Truck Accidents
Our Pahrump truck accident lawyers have been handling injury cases for collective decades of legal experience. Figuring out the cause of your truck accident will probably be simple for our team because we have seen so many like it in the past. We can call upon accident reconstruction experts, mechanics, and engineers to provide their insight as well. It is all part of how we go above and beyond for our clients.
Common causes of truck accidents are:
- Truck driver exhaustion
- Speeding truck drivers
- Intoxicated truck drivers
- Overloaded trailers
- Poorly loaded trailers
- Truck part defects
Liability in Truck Accident Cases
Who is the party or person to blame for your truck accident? With our investigation into its cause, we should be able to figure out liability. In legal contexts, the party that is liable for an accident is the same party that should pay for the damages experienced by others involved in the accident. For a truck accident claim, it is not unusual for there to be more than one liable party due to the complexities of owning and operating a commercial truck.
Liable parties for a truck accident might include:
- Truck driver: The trucker who was controlling the vehicle is likely to blame to some extent, if not a majority extent.
- Trucking company: The legal rule of respondeat superior may allow you to file a claim against the truck driver’s employer. Truck drivers who are contracted and not employed typically cannot pass liability upwards to the trucking company, though.
- Mechanic: If a third-party mechanic was hired to work on the truck that hit you, and the accident was caused by a part defect, then that mechanic might be liable.
- Cargo crew: Oftentimes, cargo placed on a commercial truck is loaded by a third party, not the trucking company or another employee. Crashes caused by cargo defects can put the liability on those cargo crews and their employers.
Process of Filing a Truck Accident Claim
The process behind filing a truck accident claim can be complicated if the details surrounding your case are also complicated. Even a straightforward can become a bit mixed up if you are not familiar with the typical filing processes, court expectations, and so on. We recommend you let our attorneys help you with each step of your truck accident claim process, so you don’t have to worry about those details.
The average process will include:
- Investigating your accident to determine liability.
- Calculating damages to see how much you are owed.
- Filing against the correct insurance company.
- Responding to any inquiries.
- Negotiating a settlement.
- Litigating if a settlement cannot be reached.
Our Law Firm is Ready to Assist You
Let’s take your injury case to the next level. Team up with the Pahrump truck accident lawyers of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter, Smith & Cullen today. We are here to give you the strongest chance of succeeding, so you can get back to “normal” and financial stability without worrying.
“Lawrence Smith is a Godsend! He's a good man. Very nice & professional.”- Aaliyah R.
“I highly recommend Steve Baker and the entire team. Thank you again for always answering all of our questions and being so easy to work with, something I have not experienced with other firms here in town.”- Steven P.
“John Bertoldo made us feel very at ease about the situation... They truly care about their clients and making them feel at ease through the entire process. Overall I think the process has been exceptional.”- Pete S.
Experience You Can Trust
Our attorneys, paralegals and support staff leverage decades of experience across a diverse range of backgrounds on behalf of our clients.
Committed to the Community
We are proud to support a number of charitable organizations as a way to give back to the community we are honored to serve.
We strive to treat our clients with integrity, compassion, and respect and provide them with clear communication every step of the way.
Proven Record of Results
We have recovered millions of dollars in successful verdicts and settlements for injured clients throughout the state of Nevada.
Comprehensive Legal Guidance
Our attorneys will handle each aspect of your case, including securing short and long-term medical care, helping to recover lost wages and more.
Legacy of Client Satisfaction
Word-of-mouth referrals and repeat clients account for more than 85% of our business, which is a testament to the level of service we provide.