Personal Injury Lawyers Representing Accident Victims in Mcdermitt
Directly on the Nevada-Oregon border lies McDermitt, Nevada. Originally referred to as “Dugout”, the area was later renamed after Lieutenant Colonel Charles McDermit who was killed in a battle that occurred on that land in 1865.
The area has been separated into two separate census-designated places: McDermitt and Fort McDermitt. McDermitt is home to 172 people, with Fort McDermitt being home to 341 residents according to the 2010 US Census report.
Serving the Residents of Mcdermitt
McDermitt has a long history of being a mining town, once being one of the largest mercury producers in North America, though many individuals in the area are ranchers and farmers. The physical labor that each of the hardworking people in the area endure every day often begins to take a toll and can result in progressive injuries that, when left unchecked, can lead to permanent disability.
Common Labor-Related Injuries
While injuries of any nature can occur any time and anywhere, some are more common when it comes to performing laborious daily tasks than others:
- Back and Neck Injuries: Despite being so common, these injuries are amongst the most serious that one can suffer. Repetitive activities are often the culprit behind back and neck injuries, such as pinched nerves from lifting and twisting or degenerative disc disease, though immediate injuries such as vehicular accidents and falls are also the cause
- Shoulder Injuries: Rotator cuff tears, tendonitis, and a frozen shoulder are all common issues that arise from repetitive work. The shoulder is particularly susceptible to injury given that it is a ball and socket joint, naturally causing this area of the body to have less support than other joints and areas of the body
- Brain Injuries: While the majority of victims survive brain injuries, many are fatal with even more resulting in long-term injury. Common head injuries include car accidents, being hit with a blunt object or suffering a fall
Treating Your Injury
If you suspect that you have suffered an injury, the time to seek treatment is now. Delaying treatment will only result in further pain and can turn what originally was a small and treatable problem into a debilitating, long-term issue.
- For Back and Neck Injuries: Pain in the neck and back, whether immediate or days after an injury, are an indication that you should seek medical attention. Don’t ignore other less obvious symptoms either such as tingling and numbness, weakness, or loss of bowel/bladder control
- For Shoulder Injuries: While it’s not uncommon to suffer temporary shoulder pain, any long term and ongoing pain – particularly if the pain is increasing – demand medical attention, whether it’s chronic pain or if the pain is only experienced when the shoulder is moved
- For Brain Injuries: Seizures and paralysis are obvious signs that medical treatment is required, but injured parties should also head to the emergency room if they are suffering headaches after a head injury, are vomiting, or are having difficulty in keeping their balance
Whether self-employed or employed by another, we at the law office of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter, and Smith have years of experience in handling cases involving all types of insurance claims, including medical and workplace compensation claims.
If you have been injured while at work, we invite you to contact us today for a consultation at no charge at (702) 505-8115.
Directions to Our Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney From Mcdermitt, NV
These Directions Are From Google Maps Starting From:
McDermitt, NV 89421
Distance: 547 mi
Time: 8 h 42 min
- Head east on Disaster Peak Rd
- Turn right to stay on Disaster Peak Rd
- Turn right to stay on Disaster Peak Rd
- Turn left onto County Line Rd
- Continue onto Cordero Mine Rd
- Continue onto Disaster Peak Rd
- Turn right onto US-95 S/Rte 95 S
- Turn left onto NV-795 E/Rhinehart St
- Turn right onto E 2nd St
- Sharp left to merge onto I-80 E
- Take exit 231 for Nevada 305 toward Downtown/Battle Mountain
- Turn right onto NV-305 S/S Broad St
- Turn left onto US-50 E
- Turn right onto NV-376 S
- Slight right toward US-6 W
- Merge onto US-6 W
- Turn left onto US-95 S/Erie St/Rte 95 S
- Turn left onto US-95 S/S 2nd St/Rte 95 S
- Take exit 81 for Rainbow Blvd
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Rainbow Boulevard S and merge onto N Rainbow Blvd
- Merge onto N Rainbow Blvd
- Turn right onto W Sahara Ave
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
7408 W Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, Nevada 89117