Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Pedestrian Accidents in Nevada
At Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith, we know that our city is one of the best places to explore on foot, but taking in the sights and sounds on foot has its challenges. With nearly 40 million people visiting the city each year, traffic, obstacles, refuse, and poorly maintained walkways and stairways can pose an inherent risk to the city’s residents and visitors alike.
If you have been involved in a pedestrian accident, our experienced Las Vegas pedestrian accident lawyers can help you pursue the fair compensation you deserve. We are ready to take on the person or party whose negligence caused your injuries and fight to maximize your claim.
Millions of Dollars Recovered for Injured Individuals
To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation, call us at (702) 505-8115 today. Se habla Español.
Las Vegas Pedestrian Accident Statistics
In 2017, 78 pedestrians—a Clark County, Nevada record—were fatally struck by vehicles. The previous record was 60, making pedestrian deaths all too common in the area.
Every year, numerous pedestrians are injured or even killed as a result of another person or entity’s negligent or wrongful actions. Drunk and distracted drivers, people speeding down the roadway, and bicyclists not paying attention or illegally riding on sidewalks in municipal areas are some of the common causes behind these devastating accidents.
In fact, pedestrian accidents are common throughout the U.S. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, last year:
- 5,376 pedestrians were killed in traffic crashes, nearly a 10% increase from the previous year
- A pedestrian was killed approximately every 1.6 hours
- A pedestrian was injured more than every 7.5 minutes
- Pedestrian deaths accounted for 15% of all traffic fatalities
- There were more than 70,000 injuries associated with pedestrian accidents, up from 61,000 the previous year
What Are the Most Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents?
The U.S. Department of Transportation and the Federal Highway Administration report that the most common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- 24%: Trip on cracked on uneven walkways
- 17%: Trip/slip and fall
- 12%: Hit by a car
- 6%: Wildlife/pets involved
- 5%: Tripped on rock/stone
- 5%: Stepped in holes, pits or dips
What Are the Most Common Injuries Associated with Pedestrian Accidents?
Last year, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that almost 130,000 pedestrians were treated throughout the country, either in emergency rooms or quick-care clinics, for non-fatal, pedestrian accident-related injuries.
The CDC goes on to report the most common injuries resulting from pedestrian accidents as:
- Brain injuries
- Neck and spine injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal organ damage and bleeding
- Lacerations and bruising
- Torn muscles and ligaments
- Wrongful death
What To Do After A Pedestrian Accident?
There are five steps you should take if you are involved in a pedestrian accident:
- Get medical help right away. Your well-being is the most crucial factor after a pedestrian accident.
- Contact the police department to take your statement and complete a full report for future use.
- If you can assess the scene before seeking medical care, record the information related to the cause of your injury. This can include the driver’s information (if a car is involved) or the location of your accident (if poor maintenance is involved). You should also take down the contact information of any witnesses at the scene.
- Take pictures of the cause of your pedestrian accident with your cell phone. It’s also a good idea to take pictures of your injuries (if possible/appropriate).
- Contact a pedestrian accident attorney to investigate the cause of your injury and to move forward with the next steps in pursuing a case against the liable person or party.
What If the Driver Leaves the Scene or the Cause of the Accident Is Repaired Before I Can Make a Claim?
If you are rushed from the scene with a medical emergency after your accident, our Las Vegas pedestrian accident attorneys will take the lead in fully researching and investigating your accident after the fact. In these cases, our partnerships with accident reconstruction experts and our extensive experience with fleeing motorists, company cover-ups, and other complex circumstances allow us to retrace the accident and create a case to support your claims in court.
Contact Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith for a Free Consultation
Contact our experienced pedestrian accident attorneys to schedule a free consultation. We will review your case and the circumstances surrounding your injuries to determine if negligence was a factor and who we can take action against to recover your financial losses, including medical care and lost wages. We have the experience necessary to deliver results for personal injury victims.
Call our office today at (702) 505-8115 or submit an online contact form to get started.
“I highly recommend Steve Baker and the entire team. Thank you again for always answering all of our questions and being so easy to work with, something I have not experienced with other firms here in town.”- Steven P.
“John Bertoldo made us feel very at ease about the situation... They truly care about their clients and making them feel at ease through the entire process. Overall I think the process has been exceptional.”- Pete
“Since day one of meeting Brett, I knew I was in good hands. Brett made sure to thoroughly explain and cover any/all question or concern that I had, and was able to ease my mind and get me an answer to the question/s I was seeking.”- Julie
Proven Record of Results
We have recovered millions of dollars in successful verdicts and settlements for injured clients throughout the state of Nevada.
Experience You Can Trust
Our attorneys, paralegals and support staff leverage decades of experience across a diverse range of backgrounds on behalf of our clients.
Comprehensive Legal Guidance
Our attorneys will handle each aspect of your case, including securing short and long-term medical care, helping to recover lost wages and more.
We strive to treat our clients with integrity, compassion, and respect and provide them with clear communication every step of the way.
Legacy of Client Satisfaction
Word-of-mouth referrals and repeat clients account for more than 85% of our business, which is a testament to the level of service we provide.
Committed to the Community
We are proud to support a number of charitable organizations as a way to give back to the community we are honored to serve.