DWI Accident Attorney Las Vegas, NV
Distinguished DUI Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV: Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith
At Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith, our DUI attorneys in Las Vegas, NV work tirelessly to deliver successful outcomes to those who are injured or have lost a loved one, by another who was driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Those who choose to operate a vehicle under the influence can change lives in our community without notice, and it is our attorneys’ purpose to hold them responsible while protecting the rights of our clients.
Driving Under the Influence FAQs
Q: When is a driver considered to be driving under the influence?
A: In all 50 states, including Nevada, it is illegal to drive a vehicle with a blood alcohol content level of .08 or above. Individuals who are driving under the influence of drugs, both legal/prescription or illicit/illegal, are also breaking the law.
Q: How widespread are driving under the influence accidents, injuries, and deaths?
A: According to the Centers for Disease Control, last year alone more than one million drivers were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, and narcotics.
- 29% of all United States traffic deaths are the result of alcohol-related crashes
- 16% of crashes involve legal or illegal drugs other than alcohol
- Three people are killed in alcohol-related crashes every two hours
- Last year, an estimated four million adults in the United States reported driving under the influence of alcohol at least once
The National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration adds that last year:
- Deaths and damages from driving under the influence cost over $44 Billion per year
- Total deaths reported: 10,497
The NHTSA, State of Nevada Data reveals there were:
- 624 DUI arrests last year
- 97 fatalities involving a driver with a blood alcohol content at or above .08
Q: What should I do if I suspect the driver who caused my accident is under the influence?
A: As with all auto accidents, you should call the police immediately. It is important that the other negligent driver is held responsible, and that they do not put anyone else in harm’s way. Contact the police, and ensure that they file a full accident report, and test the other driver for alcohol or drug use at the scene. Next, seek medical care to ensure your injuries are addressed right away. Once you are able, contact Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith to handle your case. We will take the lead in pursuing the individual who caused your injury, allowing you time to heal while we handle the details.
Q: What are the common injuries associated with accidents involving a driver who is under the influence?
A: When a driver who is negligently operating a vehicle causes an accident, the injuries can be substantial, and life-changing for the other party.
The most common personal injuries associated with DUI accidents include:
- Broken bones
- Burns and scarring
- Back and neck injuries
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
Q: How can I hold the negligent driver responsible to my injuries?
A: Being injured by a negligent driver can change your and your family’s life instantly. Pursuing the individual alone can be time consuming, and fraught with dead ends that lead to their insurance company pressuring you to take a lesser settlement that you deserve.
At Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith, our DUI attorneys will take the lead in:
- Communicating with the negligent driver, their attorney and insurance representatives
- Compiling a thorough investigation of your injuries, including current and future medical needs
- Providing an in-depth analysis of your lost wages, now and going forward
- Outlining your overall recovery needs, and pursuing each of the negligent driver’s resources to capture the best financial outcome available for your case
Q: How long will the recovery process take?
A: With the help of the accomplished DUI attorneys at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith, the time between accident and recovery will be expedited, compared to pursuing the driver on your own. Our attorneys have immediate access to police reports, arrest records, medical reports, and financial records that allow our lawyers to build a case against the negligent driver immediately.
All cases differ, and each outcome is based on the overall circumstances, injuries, and details extracted from the accident. Contact the dedicated DUI attorneys in Las Vegas, NV at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith today by dialing (702) 832-0513 to schedule a free consultation. We can help you discover the details of your case and build a prominent approach to financial recovery today.