Worker's Compensation Disability Claims Lawyers Las Vegas
All employees in the State of Nevada who suffer an on-the-job injury or are diagnosed with an occupational illness are eligible for workers’ compensation benefits.
These benefits are part of a system designed to protect the rights of injured workers throughout the state. Every employer in Las Vegas is required to contribute to the state’s workers’ compensation insurance program to ensure any employee who suffers from an injury so severe that he or she can no longer work may be eligible for disability benefits.
Disability benefits are complex and require an experienced legal approach to developing a solution. At Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith, our workers’ compensation disability lawyers in Las Vegas work tirelessly for disabled employees, so they can pursue the compensation they deserve.
How Does the Claims Filing Process Work?
When an employee is injured in an accident at work or receives an occupational illness diagnosis, they should alert the employer right away. The employer will provide the paperwork that legally formalizes the injury and its workers’ compensation claim. The paperwork must be completed within seven days of the accident or diagnosis.
The next step is to receive medical treatment. The physician that handles the initial treatment must fill out a Claim for Compensation and mail it within three business days. It must be filed within 90 days of the accident to start the claims process.
If your employer is contracted with an Organization for Managed Care or Preferred Provider Organization, you will be asked to select a doctor from a list provided by the workers’ compensation insurer. Otherwise, you will be able to seek the physician of your choice.
Who Qualifies for Disability Benefits?
Workers’ Compensation disability claims can be filed when an injury is temporary or permanent and will preclude the employee from working in the future.
There are different types of disability benefits; they include:
- Temporary total disability(TTD)
- Temporary partial disability (TPD)
- Permanent partial disability (PPD)
- Permanent total disability(PTD)
The type of disability benefits an injured worker qualifies for will depend on several factors, including:
- The type and severity of the injury
- How long the person will be out of work, ranging from 5 business days to permanently
- If the person makes less than they did upon reemployment
- The wages received
- The age of the patient
Workers Compensation Resources:
Contact a Las Vegas Workers’ Compensation Attorney
A Las Vegas workers’ compensation attorney can help injured workers recover the full value of their claim. The process can be confusing and overwhelming, especially for people that have suffered severe injuries. A workers’ compensation lawyer can also assist with appeals when necessary.
For more information about disability benefits in Las Vegas, or to schedule a free evaluation, please contact us today at (702) 505-8115.
- What kinds of Injuries and Diseases are covered under Nevada Workers Compensation Laws?
- Filing A Worker’s Comp Case Or Seek Treatment
- Can a Worker Recover Damages for a Slip-and-Fall Accident at Client’s Site
- Javier Arguello, The Best Lawyers in America©2018 in the field of Workers Compensation
- Obtaining Compensation for Vacation Slip-and-Fall Accidents