Slip and Fall Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV
In this video Las Vegas slip and fall attorney and Partner Brett A. Carter discusses slip and fall accidents. He provides information about what you should do if you are injured in a slip and fall accident.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, over one million Americans suffer from slip and fall injuries each year, and at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith our Las Vegas, NV slip and fall attorneys are on call to help those who have suffered from these accidents recover fully. Whether your personal injury happened at work, in one of our Clark County, Nevada casinos, restaurants, or retail outlets, or as a pedestrian who was simply enjoying an average day of running errands and entertainment, our Las Vegas slip and fall attorneys will provide unmatched legal representation that delivers results.
Skilled Slip and Fall Attorneys In Las Vegas, Nevada
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, our Las Vegas, Nevada premises liability attorneys will help you determine exactly who is liable for the circumstances that led to you getting hurt.
Depending on when and where you were injured, the negligence can fall on a single person, or on a combined group of people who were responsible for and failed to provide a safe environment.
Our Las Vegas, Nevada slip and fall lawyers have pursued property owners and operators for their negligence throughout the state, including:
- Condo owners
- Retail operators
- Hotel operators
- Bars and clubs
- Government entities
If you have suffered from a slip and fall injury because of someone else’s negligence, our Las Vegas slip and fall attorneys want to not only help you hold them responsible but ensure the cause of your injuries does lead to another person getting hurt.
Our Las Vegas, Nevada Slip And Fall Attorneys Will Fight The Tough Battles For You
Often times, our clients are hurt at a friend or family member’s home and are conflicted about pursuing a financial claim that will jeopardize their personal relationship. Our Las Vegas slip and fall lawyers understand the delicate nature of these slip and fall accidents in Las Vegas, Nevada. The truth is, accidents like these are why people have homeowner’s insurance. What’s more is that if s/he lives in a condo or other multi-family housing, the condo owner’s association may be responsible for the financial fallout associated with your injuries.
This is all the more reason to get our Las Vegas slip and fall lawyers involved in your recovery, so you do not have to disrupt your personal relationship to seek financial restitution. Our lawyers will work directly with the property owner’s insurance company to provide the best outcome available for your unique slip and fall case.
You should not be responsible for your own medical bills, lost wages, and additional expenses when someone else’s negligence caused your Las Vegas slip and fall accident. We can help you pursue justice in the form of financial recovery, so you can move forward without worry.
Slip and Fall FAQs
Q: Are slip and fall injuries common?
A: Unfortunately, yes. According to the Centers for Disease Control:
- More than 800,000 patients are hospitalized each year for a slip and fall injury
- Slip and fall injuries comprise nearly 20% of all job-related injuries; Accounting for 1 in 6 of all time-lost injuries
- Over 65% of all fall-related injuries happen from a same-level walking surface, not from heights
Q: Are the injuries sustained in slip and fall accidents substantial?
A: All slip and fall cases differ in severity, and the injuries that result can be catastrophic.
The CDC explains that:
- One in five slip and falls causes a severe injury, including broken bones or head injury
- Falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries; Accounting for emergency room visits, hospitalizations and deaths of 47% of all TBI-related injuries in the United States
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration adds that slip and falls comprise most of the general industry accidents, including:
- 15% of all accident deaths; only second behind motor vehicle deaths
- 25% of the claims reported at work each year; one of the most frequently reported injury causes
- 17% of all disabling occupational injuries
Q: What are the most common causes of slip and fall accidents?
The most frequent causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Walkway elevation or level changes
- Walkways and work area clutter
- Falls from heights, including ladders or lifts
- Irregularities in walking surfaces
- Loose, unanchored rugs, mats or tiles
- Missing or uneven floor tiles & bricks
- Open cabinets and doors
- Poor lighting
- Carpets/mats with curled edges
- Slippery surfaces
- Sloped walking surfaces
- Poorly maintained thresholds
- Uncovered hoses, cables, wires or extension cords across walkways
- Unmarked steps or ramps
Whether you are at work and are involved in a construction accident, or are on foot and involved in a pedestrian accident when your slip and fall accident occurs, our Las Vegas slip and fall attorneys can help lead your case to financial recovery.
Q: What types of injuries are associated with slip and fall accidents?
A: Unfortunately, slip and fall accidents often come as a surprise, allowing little time to brace for impact, or protect your body from injury.
OSHA records state that up to 30% of people who experience a slip and fall accident will endure minor to serious injuries, with the most common types listed as:
- Abrasions and lacerations
- Sprains and strains
- Bruises and contusions
- Bone fractures and breaks
- Knee, ankle or foot injuries
- Wrist, elbow or shoulder injuries
- Neck and spine injuries
- Hip injuries
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injury
- Wrongful death
Q: What are the overall costs of a slip and fall injury?
A: The CDC lists the direct medical costs for slip and fall injuries at $31 Billion each year, with hospital costs accounting for two-thirds of that total.
Depending on the severity of your injuries, the following costs could persist, requiring the partnership of a seasoned Las Vegas slip and fall attorney to pursue financial recovery.
- Current and future medical expenses
- Current and future lost wages
- Out of pocket expenses, including prescriptions and medical devices
- Rehabilitation and therapy services
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Partial or full disability
- Depression and/or anxiety
- Reduced quality of life
Q: How can an attorney help me recover from my slip and fall injuries?
A: No matter where your accident occurred, or whether you are pursuing an employer for workers’ compensation, or taking on a public or private company or municipality, the journey is going to be filled with challenges. The insurance companies, slip and fall attorneys, and representatives are not going to provide financial restitution without a fight.
Call Las Vegas slip and fall Attorneys Now!
Call our experienced Las Vegas slip and fall accident attorneys at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith today at 702-228-2600 to schedule a free consultation. Our Las Vegas slip and fall lawyers will take the lead in pursuing the individual, company, or city entity that caused your accident to recover the financial compensation you deserve for your injuries without delay.