Nevada Personal Injury Lawyers Representing Accident Victims in Crescent Valley
Crescent Valley in Nevada’s Eureka County is quiet, serene, and a great escape for those looking to enjoy rural life in a desert setting.
Though a bit off the beaten track, Crescent Valley is only a short distance away from the I-80 which connects it to Sparks, Reno, and provides access to Carson City which is just under 300 miles away. It is closest to Elko in the east and Winnemucca to the west.
This unincorporated community is home to just under 400 residents, many of which have children who either attend the local elementary school or travel half an hour or so up the road to Battle Mountain. While almost always a safe trip, auto accidents involving school buses can and do happen, and more often than we’d like.
Protecting the Children and Parents of Crescent Valley
School bus-related accidents are particularly tragic as the lives of young ones are often at stake. The good news is that since 2003, only 0.35% of fatal vehicle traffic rashes were school transportation-related (an average of 135 fatalities a year).
- Approximately 8% of these fatalities were occupants of the school bus
- 21% were non-occupants (pedestrians, cyclists, etc.)
- 71% were occupants of other vehicles
The fact of it all is that many of these accidents could have been avoided entirely. School bus-related accidents often occur because of one of five reasons:
- The bus driver was fatigued
- The bus driver wasn’t paying attention
- The bus driver (or other drivers on the road) were driving aggressively or recklessly
- One or more drivers were speeding
- The bus (or other vehicles) suffered mechanical failure
Other important factors to take into consideration are whether other drivers involved in the accident were distracted (i.e. texting, eating, had a pet on their lap, etc.), as well as their drug (illegal or legal) and alcoholic intake.
What Parents Can Do for Children Injured in a Bus Accident
Parents of children who have been injured in or by a school bus-related accident can begin to take action immediately by seeking the counsel of an experienced personal injury lawyer.
At the law office of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter, and Smith, we have invested over 30 years in ensuring that young motor vehicle accident victims receive fair compensation to take care of their injuries as they continue into adulthood.
We invite you to call us today with any concerns or questions you may have about your or your child’s injuries at 702-228-2600.
Directions to Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorneys from Crescent Valley, NV
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Crescent Valley, NV
Total Est. Time: 7 hr 39 mins
Total Est. Distance: 459 mi
- Turn onto NV-306 N
- Turn left to merge onto I-80 W
- Merge onto I-80 W
- Take exit 231 toward Broyles Ranch Rd
- Turn right onto Broyles Ranch Rd
- Turn right onto NV-305 S/S Broad St
- Turn left onto US-50 E
- Turn right onto NV-376 S
- Slight right toward US-6 W
- Merge onto US-6 W
- Turn left onto US-95 S/S 2nd St/Rte 95 S
- Take exit 81 for Rainbow Blvd
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Rainbow Blvd S and merge onto NV-595 S/N Rainbow Blvd
- Merge onto NV-595 S/N Rainbow Blvd
- Turn right onto W Sahara Ave
- Destination on the right
We are located at:
7408 West Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, Nevada 89117
We Also Serve The Following Areas: