Nevada Personal Injury Lawyers Representing Accident Victims in Cherry Creek
Cherry Creek in Nevada’s White Pine County may now only be home to 70 or so residents, but just over a century ago the area was a hot bed of mining activity. Founded in the early 1860s, a substantial amount of silver and gold mineral deposits were discovered in the area. This caught the attention of numerous investors, tycoons, and transient miners, which eventually brought the area’s population to an all-time high of 7,800 residents.
At that time Cherry Creek was a bustling community with saloons, stores and local businesses lining the street. However, after the financial crash of 1883, the population began to dwindle as mines closed and fires ravaged a large portion of the town’s once thriving business district. Today, while the town is largely uninhabited, it is still regularly visited by mine leaseholders thanks to the 20 million dollars or more that the area has produced since 1872.
Serving the Hardworking Individuals of Nevada
Though now most businesses in the area are service related, Cherry Creek has a long history of offering laborious and physically taxing job opportunities to hardworking individuals. Back in 1872, employees weren’t protected by statewide worker’s compensation laws. Fortunately for the employees of today, the American workforce can take advantage of these laws and ensure that they are fairly compensated and that their health is secured.
What to Do When Injured on the Job
Anyone who is injured on the job or believes that he or she is suffering from the onset of an occupational disease should:
- Seek medical assistance as soon as possible.
- Immediately inform your employer of the injury or health issue. Your employer should then provide you with a C-1, which you can then fill out (though if your employer does not have one, you can obtain one from the Nevada Worker’s Compensation Board). This form will begin a record of you injury and it also serves as proof that your employer was informed. Keep in mind that there is a time restriction in submitting the form.
- Seek legal assistance
Not every worker’s compensation claim will require legal representation. Many cases are straight forward, but several are more complex, or the employer may be resistant and try to deny your claim. In such instances at the law office of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter, and Smith we are able to provide you with a free no-obligation legal consultation to discuss you claim and the steps that need to be taken to ensure that you are taken care of.
Directions to Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorneys from Cherry Creek, NV
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Cherry Creek, NV
Total Est. Time: 4 hr 49 mins
Total Est. Distance: 304 mi
- Head north toward White Pine County Rd 21
- Turn right onto White Pine County Rd 21
- Turn right onto US-93 S
- Turn left onto Great Basin Blvd
- Turn right onto US-6 W
- Turn left onto NV-318 S
- Turn right onto US-93 S
- Turn right to merge onto I-15 S/US-93 S toward US-95/Las Vegas
- Take exit 42 for US 93/US 95/I-515 toward Phoenix/Reno
- Keep right at the fort, follow signs for US 95 N/Reno/Martin Luther King Blvd
- Keep left, follow signs for US-95 N/Reno and merge onto US-95 N
- Take exit 81B for Rainbow Blvd
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Rainbow Blvd S
- Turn left onto NV-595 S/N Rainbow Blvd
- Turn right onto W Sahara Ave
- Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
7408 West Sahara Ave
Las Vegas, Nevada 89117
We Also Serve The Following Areas: