Car Accident Lawyers Las Vegas, Nevada
Experienced Auto Accident Attorneys In Las Vegas, Nevada Near Me
The value of societal harm from motor vehicle crashes, including injuries, lost quality of life, and economic impacts have reached $836 billion per year in the United States. Because of the financial consequences of a traffic collision, without an accomplished Las Vegas, Nevada car accident attorney by your side, your life can change dramatically after being hurt by another driver’s negligence.
When you are the injured party, your ability to work may be compromised, which means lost wages are not far behind. Add expensive medical care and property damage to your already vulnerable financial state, and you are going to need help recovering physically, emotionally, and financially. That is where the Las Vegas auto accident lawyers at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith Law Firm can help.
For more than 30 years, our law firm’s highly qualified Las Vegas personal injury lawyers have been helping vehicle injured victims and their families recover the maximum amount of auto wreck claim compensation they are entitled to. We offer a free initial consultation for anyone who’s in need of our legal representation, and our car crash attorneys in Las Vegas, Nevada are available right away to take your call at 702-228-2600.
What To Do After A Car Accident In Nevada
Each of our client’s best chance is pursuing the best financial outcome from their car injury claim starts with the steps they take after the accident.
That can include:
- Recording the driver’s license, registration, insurance information and contact details for all owners, drivers, passengers, and witnesses.
- Take pictures of the accident scene, including the vehicles involved and each point of impact; record street signs, directions, skid marks, and any other Las Vegas features that will identify the location of the accident.
- Call the police and wait for an officer to arrive at the scene.
- If you have been seriously injured, tell the police dispatcher that you need an ambulance right away.
- Ensure that a police report is completed by the responding officer, and review it before the officer leaves the scene of the crash. Be sure to obtain a copy of the accident report from the law enforcement agency that wrote it.
- Do not apologize for the crash, the property damage or the injuries sustained, as it could be manipulated to sound as though you are admitting fault.
- Never say that you are “fine” or comment on your physical injuries except when to ask for medical assistance from emergency responders.
- Get medical attention immediately after the car crash.
- Do not allow any insurance adjuster to record your statement. Your physical or emotional state precludes you from making a sound statement, and your response may be manipulated by the insurance representative to prove fault.
- Do not sign any authorization, release, or ANY paperwork provided by the other party’s insurance agency or representative, including medical records releases or statements.
- Contact our auto accident lawyers in Las Vegas at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith to protect your rights immediately after the injury occurs.
You do not have to face the negligent driver, their insurance company, or legal representatives alone. Our auto accident attorneys in Las Vegas will provide the protection you need to pursue the financial recovery you deserve.
If You’ve Been Hurt In A Car Crash In Las Vegas, We Can Help
Being in a traffic vehicle accident can affect your life in many ways. The severity of injuries and property damage are major factors in your ability to positively move forward. Vehicles that have been damaged can be repaired or replaced, but when you have been hurt in a car crash, getting back the quality of life you once deserved may not be as simple.
Las Vegas Car Wreck Attorneys Who Aggressively Pursue Compensation For Injury Victims
Individuals who have been injured in a car crash in Nevada may be eligible to receive financial compensation from the party found to be liable for the accident.
Those losses can include:
- Medical bills, including emergency room, surgery, hospital costs
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Loss of wages or income from missing work
- Permanent loss of ability to work
- Disfigurement and/or disability
In cases involving fatalities of a loved one, the eligible surviving family members can pursue:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of a loved one’s companionship
- Loss of financial support
- Out-of-pocket expenses
Near Me Vehicle Collision Lawyers In Las Vegas, Nevada
At Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith Law Firm, our best car accident attorneys in Las Vegas are committed to protecting our residents’ rights after they have been involved in a collision with another vehicle.
Your physical, emotional, and financial recovery is going to be challenged by the negligent driver and their insurance company, which can lead to a significant burden on your livelihood.
Our accomplished Las Vegas auto accident attorneys law firm can accurately forecast and pursue the insurance company for the total amount you need to fully recover, so you are never left paying for their client’s negligence out of pocket.
What Are The Most Common Causes Of Nevada Car Accidents?
Las Vegas traffic patterns can be especially confusing for visitors, and with over 40 million guests visiting our city each year, car crashes continue to mount on our roadways.
When motorists text and drive, drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs. or recklessly operate their vehicles while speeding or disobeying traffic lights and signs, the Nevada car injury and fatality numbers increase unnecessarily.
The Dangers Of Distracted Driving Are Creating New Laws Throughout The Country
In the United States, distracted driving – which includes texting and using a cellphone – is the leading cause of car accidents. According to the Governors Highway Safety Association, 48 states, Washington D.C., and several U.S. territories have banned text messaging for all drivers.
Last year alone, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recorded that throughout the United States distracted driving caused:
- 735,000 non-fatal injuries
- 3,166 fatalities
There are three types of distractions that can lead to crashes and collisions on the road:
- Visual distractions: Any activity that takes the driver’s eyes off the road
- Cognitive distractions: Any activity that interrupts the driver’s mind from focusing on driving
- Manual distractions: Any activity that leads to the driver’s hands leaving the wheel of the vehicle
Texting while driving significantly increases a driver’s risk of an auto accident because it involves all three types of distractions.
Driving Under The Influence Of Drugs Or Alcohol And Auto Accident Deaths & Injuries
Drunk driving deaths caused 10,874 fatalities in the United States last year alone, accounting for 29% of all traffic fatalities.
Even with the popularity of ride-sharing, and easy access to cabs in most cities – including Las Vegas – every day nearly 30 people are killed by a drunk driver in our country, accounting for one death every 48 minutes.
Drunk or drugged driving crashes are completely preventable and are leaving our communities devastated after injuries and death occur.
Drowsy Driving Continues To Cause Auto Accident Deaths & Injuries Throughout The U.S.
Last year throughout the country, drowsy driving caused 795 fatalities and injured another 90,000 people.
Sleepiness behind the wheel can happen any time, night or day, as people work and travel on different schedules. However, drowsy driving crashes occur most frequently between midnight and 6 am. The second most frequent time for these preventable crashes is late afternoon.
No matter when these car crashes occur in Nevada, they are considered negligent because they are completely preventable.
Speeding Is One Of The Leading Causes Of Vehicle Accident Deaths In The U.S.
Negligence continues to play a large role in car accidents in Nevada and throughout the U.S., and speeding-related injuries are among the top causes of deaths.
Last year, speeding-related crashes caused 9,717 deaths, which accounted for 26% of all traffic fatalities that year.
If you have been injured in a car crash, our law firm’s auto accident lawyers in Las Vegas are standing by to help you tackle the complex approach to aggressively holding the negligent driver and their insurance company accountable for the costs associated with your personal injuries.
Automobile Accidents Account For Millions Of Injuries Each Year In The United States
Automobile injuries are the leading cause of death for teenagers in the U.S., according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. As sobering as this statistic is, it simply reflects the reality of car accident injuries and fatalities in America: more than 2,500,000 people suffer car crash injuries in the U.S. each year.
What Are The Most Common Types Of Car Accident Injuries In Nevada?
Car accidents disrupt the lives of hundreds of thousands of Americans each year, and when a driver or passenger is injured because of another’s negligence, the results are life-changing.
Injuries require medical care and time away from work to heal, and the more severe the harm, the longer these activities keep you from enjoying the quality of life you deserve.
The most common types of Las Vegas car crash injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Permanent disfigurement
- Loss of limb(s)
- Internal bleeding
- Brain damage
- Neck and spinal cord injury
- Loss of life
Accident injuries are unique to each person who is hurt during a car crash in Las Vegas, and so is the time it takes to heal – and their potentially permanent damage. At Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith, our experienced near me Las Vegas auto collision lawyers will help evaluate your overall financial needs, so you are confident that we are pursuing the best outcome available for your unique case.
What Type Of Compensation Am I Entitled To After Being Injured In A Las Vegas Car Accident?
If you have been injured in a Las Vegas auto collision that was caused by a negligent driver, whether they were driving while drunk, texting and driving, or speeding recklessly when the crash occurred, you are going to receive resistance from their insurance company when it is time to pursue financial recovery for your injuries.
Our law firm’s experienced car accident lawyers in Las Vegas have successfully produced results for our clients after a negligent driver changed their lives by getting behind the wheel.
The negligent driver who caused your Las Vegas auto accident and their insurance company are responsible for your:
- Medical bills and ongoing treatment, including long-term medical expenses
- Lost wages, whether temporary or permanent
- Diminished working capacity
- Property damage
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral & burial costs, the loss of companionship, and loss of financial support – when a fatal crash occurs
Recovering from injuries or the loss of a loved one in a car injury can take months, years, a lifetime — or the recovery may never be complete. Our best auto accident lawyers in Las Vegas will review your case, and your complete needs, and work tirelessly to get the results you deserve.
Nevada Car Accident Statistics
There is no shortage of car accidents that occur in Las Vegas, which can lead to injuries and fatalities throughout the state.
Our Las Vegas car accident attorneys represent individuals, caregivers, and surviving family members of those who are hurt or killed in traffic collisions throughout the state.
According to the NHTSA, last year in Nevada, there were 309 traffic fatalities which led to:
- 155 passenger vehicle occupant deaths
- 54 motorcycle rider or passenger deaths
- 91 pedestrian deaths
- 9 bicyclist deaths
Our car accident lawyers in Las Vegas focus on producing unique solutions for our injured clients and their families.
Meet Our Trusted Car Accident Attorneys In Las Vegas, Nevada
At Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith, we are Las Vegas auto accident attorneys who are devoted to your unique needs after you have suffered an injury in a car crash with a negligent driver. Car accident lawyers in Las Vegas can do more than protect your financial needs, but pursue the losses you have incurred after losing a family member in a car crash that was caused by a drunk, distracted, or speeding driver.
Our car accident attorneys in Las Vegas focus on developing the best case for your personal injury or wrongful death financial recovery, so you do not have to face the insurance company alone.
We are focused on providing the best Las Vegas-specific car accident attorney solutions for our clients, and it begins with contacting our firm today for a free consultation.
The Importance Of Hiring An Auto Accident Lawyer In Las Vegas
Knowing the Law
Nevada laws strictly prohibit operating a mobile device, either by texting, calling, or emailing, while behind a motor vehicle because of its potentially catastrophic effects. If you have lost a loved one in this type of accident, you can be overwhelmed with shock, grief, and unexpected financial reverses arising from your loss.
Getting the Most You Deserve
Claiming the maximum value of damages legally allowed in your situation can help you recover not only financial setbacks from the accident but also compensate you for the pain and suffering that come from losing a loved one in a car accident.
Experience Is Necessary
Filing your claim within the prescribed period can be a challenge when you are unaware of all the rules surrounding it. Our best car accident attorneys in Las Vegas will ensure all filings are complete and on time, so you never have to worry about any paperwork, or its red tape
An experienced Las Vegas car accident attorney can help by:
- Collecting and evaluating evidence
- Reviewing the police report and interviewing witnesses
- Assessing medical records and deposing physicians
- Communicating and negotiating on your behalf with insurance companies
- Preparing your car accident with injuries case for trial to ensure we pursue the best outcome for your unique case
All Las Vegas car accident lawyers law firms are not created equal, and at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith, our car accident attorneys, and staff have a triumphant track record that sets us apart from other Las Vegas law firms. We have the resources, experience, and tenacity to pursue the negligent party who caused your injuries, so you can get your life back.
Auto Accident Contents:
- Las Vegas Car Accident Injury Claim
- Las Vegas Auto Insurance – Are You Really Covered?
- Teenage Drivers Using Cell Phones Are a Hazard
- Las Vegas, NV Cell Phone Car Crash
- Las Vegas Road-Hazard Car Crash Lawyers
- Common Causes of Car Accidents
- Countering Denied Accident Claims from Insurance Companies in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Enterprise Rental Car
- Car Accident Caused by Weather Conditions
- Nevada Car Seat, Booster Seat & Seat Belt Laws
Call Our Las Vegas Auto Accident Attorneys Today To Schedule A Free Consultation
To learn about your rights following a serious car crash in Las Vegas, contact our Clark County car accident attorneys at the law firm of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith. We will evaluate the details of your specific incident and determine how we can help you when you call (702) 228-2600 for a free private consultation.
FAQ Car Accident
Auto Accident Related Blogs:
- Seat Belt Injuries Car Accidents
- What to Do if You’ve Been in an Injury-Causing Car Collision
- Car Accident DUI a Serious Problem in Las Vegas
- Cell Phone Use While Driving Can Lead To A Fatal Car Accident
- Five Things to Know Before You Experience a Car Accident
- Claiming Compensation in Ride Sharing Car Collision
- Car Seat, Booster Seat & Seat Belt Laws in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Nevada COVID-19 Stay at Home Order May Increase Delivery Driver Traffic Collisions
- Interstate Fifteen is Among the Busiest Routes in Las Vegas Valley
- Have You Been Injured By A Drunk Driver In Las Vegas This Holiday Season?
- Holiday Traffic Increases Distracted Driving Collisions Across The Country
- What Are Injured Passengers’ Rights After A Vehicle Collision?
- Las Vegas Metro Auto Accident Response Policy Change