John L. Bertoldo
John grew up in a large family and had a strong argumentative streak. His blessed mother turned that into a positive by telling him: “As much as you like to argue, someday you’ll be a great attorney!”
Ever since that time, John knew he wanted to be an attorney. Every step of the way— on his two-year mission to Italy, while attaining his joint JD and MBA from Brigham Young University, and when he began practicing law in 1985—John drew on his mental toughness to fulfill his dream. He’s been managing partner of BBCS since 1992.
He has devoted his practice solely to plaintiff’s personal injury, speaking up for clients who otherwise would be intimidated, cheated or taken advantage of by insurance companies. John enthusiastically fights especially for those embroiled in serious trauma, brain injury and wrongful death cases, helping thousands of people through some of their most life-altering challenges.
“We have lifelong friends who’ve been clients. When I see them, I don’t get a handshake. I get a bear hug.”
John’s advocate mind and caring heart are employed on behalf of the Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints, the Boy Scouts of America, the Southern Nevada Immunization Coalition and El Concilio Hispano. For fun, John hits the trails on his dirt bike, plays golf, and enjoys the special lure of scuba diving. In quieter moments, he adores his life as a husband, dad, and grandpa.
- State of Nevada
- Clark County Bar Association
- Medical Dental Legal Screening Panel of Southern Nevada
- Southern Nevada Disciplinary Panel, Nevada State Bar
- Nevada Justice Association
- American Association for Justice
- Nevada Society of Italian American Lawyers
- Western Trial Lawyers Association
- Nevada Law Foundation
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Awards and Accolades
- Mountain States Super Lawyer
- Lifetime Achievement Award, America’s Top 100 Attorneys
- AV Preeminent rating, Martindale-Hubble