WORKPLACE INJURIES IN LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
Injured workers throughout the State of Nevada are eligible to receive benefits by filing workers’ compensation claims when they have been hurt at on the job.
Every employer is required to carry workers’ compensation insurance to cover injuries and illnesses caused by work conditions. These benefits cover lost wages, medical treatment and rehabilitation, job retraining, and may include temporary and permanent disability payments.
WHAT TYPES OF INJURIES ARE COVERED UNDER WORKERS’ COMPENSATION LAW?
There is no complete or approved list of workplace injuries that are automatically covered or denied as workers’ compensation claims.
The key to getting your claim approved is displaying the connection between workplace injuries and the scope of your job duties.
Workplace injuries can include:
- Repetitive Motion Injuries: Soft tissue damage from repeatedly lifting heavy objects in the same way, or conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome
- Traumatic Physical Injuries: Slip and falls, forklift accidents, and explosions
- Occupational Diseases: Illnesses caused by hazardous conditions like black lung disease for coal miners, or asbestosis for an insulation installer
The illness should be one that is not common to everyday life but those that can be caused by conditions in the employer’s work atmosphere.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I AM INJURED AT WORK IN LAS VEGAS?
If you have been injured in a workplace accident in Las Vegas or diagnosed with an occupational disease, seek medical care right away.
A medical professional will not only treat your injuries but will also document them to formalize your claim. After receiving treatment, injured workers must notify their employers and provide proof that medical treatment has been received.
While seeking medical treatment, let the healthcare provider know that you will be filing a claim. They will be required to fill out a form and mail it within three business days of initial treatment.
The injury or diagnosis must be presented to your employer in writing. Your employer will also have a claim form on hand for you to complete, which must be submitted within seven business days.
WORKERS COMPENSATION RESOURCES:
CONTACT OUR LAS VEGAS WORKERS’ COMPENSATION LAWYERS FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
Having an experienced Las Vegas workers’ compensation lawyer on your side can mean the difference between a rejected claim and one that is taken seriously by the insurance company. Our firm has extensive experience in workers’ compensation claims and will ensure all the proper paperwork is filed on time, so you can pursue the full amount of compensation you are entitled to by law.
- What kinds of Injuries and Diseases are covered under Nevada Workers Compensation Laws?
- Filing A Worker’s Comp Case or Seek Treatment
- Can a Worker Recover Damages for a Slip-and-Fall Accident at Client’s Site
- Javier Arguello, The Best Lawyers in America©2018 in the field of Workers Compensation
- Obtaining Compensation for Vacation Slip-and-Fall Accidents