Defective Medication Lawyers Las Vegas, NV
While about 85 percent of individuals older than 60 in the U.S. are taking at least one prescription medication, roughly 66 percent of those who visit their doctor are prescribed some kind of drug. Given such the prevalent use of prescription medications, it’s essential that patients are aware that many modern prescriptions have the potential to cause a range of mild to serious side effects – and, in the worst cases, wrongful death. According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), approximately 350,000 Americans died as a result of serious prescription drug side effects and negative medication interactions. In fact, over the past 5 years, fatalities caused by prescription drugs have reportedly increased nearly 70 percent.
If you or a loved one has been injured after using a prescription medication and you reside in the Las Vegas area (or if you have lost a loved one to a defective drug death), the distinguished defective drug lawyers at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith are available to help you seek compensation. Since 1979, we have been working tirelessly to help those victimized by defective drugs and products stand up for their legal rights and get the compensation they deserve.
Defective Drug Information
Before starting any new course of medication, it’s vital that patients:
- Discuss their complete medical history with their physician
- Understand how to properly take the drug, as well as what to avoid in order to minimize the chances of negative drug interactions
- Familiarize themselves with the symptoms of the drug’s side effects so they know when to seek medical care
The following are just some of the hundreds of prescription medications that have been reported to cause severe, possibly fatal health complications:
- Avandia, an oral diabetes drug
- Byetta, an injectable diabetes medication
- Fentanyl, a pain medication that is about 100 times stronger than morphine
- Levaquin, an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections
- Raptiva, an oral psoriasis medication
- Reglan, an oral medication for treating the heartburn caused by GERD
- Yaz/Yasmin, oral contraceptives
Defective Drug Lawyers in Las Vegas
Our defective drug attorneys are dedicated to building strong defective drug cases by gathering all necessary evidence and aggressively litigating in legal proceedings, including trial, arbitration and mediation. We have extensive experience successfully going up against corporate lawyers and insurance companies. We will do whatever it takes to help our clients win justice.