Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) reports that about 1.4 million Americans sustain a traumatic brain injury (TBI) each year. Also referred to as intracranial injury, TBI results from any type of outside force causing damage to the brain. In many cases, victims of TBI will be permanently disabled or die as a result of their injuries.
If you or a loved one has sustained a traumatic brain injury, the highly skilled brain injury attorneys at the law firm of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith can help you seek compensation for your injuries and losses. We are dedicated to helping you get through the legal process as efficiently and successfully as possible.
Causes of TBI
Any type of trauma to the head can cause a traumatic brain injury. According to the CDC, the leading causes of TBI include:
- Falls, accounting for about 28 percent of traumatic brain injuries
- Motor vehicle accidents, 20 percent
- Collisions with objects that are moving or stationary, 19 percent (Officially, these cases are referred to as struck by/against events.)
- Assaults, 11 percent
Blasts are the number one cause of traumatic brain injuries in active military personnel who are operating in battle zones.
Symptoms of Traumatic Brain Injury
The precise TBI symptoms a victim experiences will depend on the nature and severity of the injury he/she sustained. In many cases, traumatic brain injury victims will experience some combination of:
- Blurry vision
- Changes in behavior or mood
- Changes in sleeping patterns
- Concentration problems
- Difficulty balancing
- Difficulty speaking
- Loss of consciousness (Research indicates that individuals who sustain injuries to the left side of the brain tend to remain unconscious longer than those with right brain injuries.)
- Memory loss
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Numbness in the limbs
- Slurred speech
The following statistics were compiled by the CDC:
- Men are 1.5 times more likely than women to sustain a traumatic brain injury
- Those who are most likely to sustain a TBI are individuals younger than 4 years old, as well as those between the ages of 15 and 19 years old
- The total cost (medical bills along with lost productivity) of TBI each year in the U.S. is approximately $60 billion
- More than 5.3 million Americans need help performing day-to-day activities as a result of suffering from TBI
Let Las Vegas TBI Attorneys Help You
The experienced personal injury lawyers at the law firm of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith are here to help victims of TBI in Las Vegas. Our compassion and understanding, as well as our superior legal knowledge and aggressive litigating skills, have garnered us a reputation for success. We are a leading injury law firm in Las Vegas and are standing by to help you. To find out how we can help you, please contact a Las Vegas traumatic brain injury attorney today at 702-228-2600.
Related Links :
Getting Treatment for “Minor” Head Injury can Prevent Deadly Brain Injury
Brain Injuries Video
What You Should Do Following a Brain Injury
Experienced Legal Representation for Catastrophic Injuries And Personal Injuries In Las Vegas, Nevada
Legal Help for Head-On Car-Accident Victims
Tragic Local Accident Blamed on Excessive Speed
Child Suffering Brain Injury Returns To Site Of Tragic Nevada Hit-And-Run Accident
Is Recovering From A Severe Traumatic Brain Injury Possible?