SIGNS OF NURSING HOME NEGLIGENCE IN LAS VEGAS
Placing our loved ones in a nursing home is a difficult decision. Trusting the facility’s staff to care for them as we would is often a high bar to set, but one that should be achieved. Our elderly loved ones deserve to be treated with dignity, respect, care, and love, and when the staff falls short, or worse, is negligent in their duties, they must be held responsible.
As the baby boomer generation continues to age, facilities are often understaffed, and employees are overworked or underpaid, which leads to a lack of compassion during their shifts.
When this happens, negligence can occur, and our loved ones may not receive the care they need and deserve.
If your loved one is in a nursing home, monitor their behavior for signs of negligence and consult our attorneys right away if you suspect wrongdoing right away to open an investigation into your loved one’s care.
TYPES OF NURSING HOME NEGLIGENCE IN LAS VEGAS
When negligence is a factor in our loved one’s care, everyone suffers. Not only is our loved one mistreated or harmed by the lack of care, but the guilt and pain that accompanies the decision that placed them in harm’s way can be crushing.
Our nursing home neglect attorneys in Las Vegas understand, and we want to help.
Examples of Las Vegas nursing home negligence can include:
- Leaving a patient in soiled clothes and sheets for long periods
- Not responding to patient requests and needs
- Failing to give a patient the right amount of medication at the right time
- Overmedicating a patient to get him or her to be quiet
- Failing to treat bedsores
- Failing to clean the patient’s room and bathroom
- Failing to feed the patient proper meals
- Ignoring a patient
WATCH FOR SIGNS OF NURSING HOME NEGLIGENCE IN LAS VEGAS
Unfortunately, it is simply not enough to trust the nursing home facility is doing their jobs. While they are being paid to provide exceptional care, there is no limit to where negligence can exist in the facility.
Doctors, nurses, healthcare aides, orderlies, and even janitors or food service employees can play a role in your loved one’s injuries. It is important to be proactive about their care and monitor their well-being for signs of negligence.
Signs that nursing home negligence may be occurring include:
- Changes in your loved one’s behavior
- Weight loss and other signs of malnutrition
- Dirty hair or clothes
- Soiled sheets
- Untreated bedsores
- Patient crying when you leave (more than usual)
- Staff’s refusal to let you visit with your loved one alone
- Loved one acting sad or withdrawn
- Loved one over-medicated or appearing out of it
CONTACT OUR LAS VEGAS NURSING HOME NEGLIGENCE ATTORNEYS FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
If you notice any signs of nursing home negligence, or simply suspect something is amiss, contact our Las Vegas nursing home neglect attorneys at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith today at 702-728-4686 to schedule a free consultation. We will walk you through the investigation process and answer any questions you have about holding the negligent party who caused your loved one’s injuries accountable.