Las Vegas Nursing Home Changes in Behavior Lawyers
As our loved ones begin to age, it is often hard to tell how they are physically and emotionally feeling each day, especially when they are in someone else’s care. Sometimes the only sign that our elderly loved one is being mistreated is changed behavior. If your loved one is withdrawing or unwilling to provide straight answers about unexplained injuries, our nursing home abuse lawyers at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith can help you get to the source of their changes in behavior.
Our Las Vegas nursing home abuse lawyers have extensive experience handling nursing home abuse and neglect cases and will fully investigate your claim to determine if your suspicions are correct.
Nursing Home Patients and Changes in Behavior
When our loved one’s physical, emotional, or psychological make-up begins to change, we often brush it off as part of the aging process. When they suffer from dementia or other serious conditions, it may be even harder to identify when or if something has gone wrong with their care.
Other times, changes in behavior could be caused by the mistreatment of our loved one by nursing home staff members.
Common Types of Nursing Home Patient Changes in Behavior Include:
- Acting withdrawn
- Refusing to take visitors
- Not talking or wanting to make eye contact
- Signs of depression such as being down or sad
- Acting scared or frightened when certain staff members are around
- Acting more edgy or jumpy than usual
- Not wanting to be left alone with the staff
- Acting more attached or sad than usual when you are leaving
- Slurring speech or showing signs that he or she is heavily medicated or sedated
- Crying for no reason
- Lashing out at staff
While these may just be symptoms of aging, they could also be signs that something may be seriously wrong. If you see changes in your loved one’s behavior while they are in another’s care, do not ignore the signs of abuse. Trust your instincts and contact our experienced Las Vegas nursing home attorneys for help.
At Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith, we take nursing home abuse and neglect very seriously and do everything we can to expose wrongdoing. We will help ensure that your loved one’s best interests are protected and that if he or she has been mistreated, the responsible parties are held accountable for their actions.
To learn more or to speak with our Las Vegas nursing home abuse lawyer please contact us today at (702) 505-8115. We will do whatever it takes to protect you and your loved one.
Nursing Home Abuse Resources:
- Bed Sores
- Falls in Nursing Homes
- Medication Mistakes
- Nursing Home Negligence
- Poor Hygiene
- Nursing Home Abuse Signs
- Dangerous Behavioral Patterns Recorded With Abilify Use
- Knowing the Signs of Nursing Home Abuse
- Increased Studies Reveal Prevalence in Nursing Home Abuse
- Nevada Fails To Comply With Child Abuse Laws
- Nursing Home Neglect Lawsuits
- Las Vegas Psych Hospital Accused of Negligence
- Tips To Avoid Holiday Accidents Caused By Negligence
- Deadly Hang Gliding Holiday Accident Investigated For Negligence