Medical Malpractice Attorneys
The Journal of American Medical Association (JAMA) reports that approximately 22.8 million Americans have at least one relative that has been a victim of a medical mistake in U.S. hospitals or other medical facilities. In the worst cases, medical mistakes can cause permanent, debilitating injuries and even death. In fact, the Institute of Medicine (IOM) estimates that between 44,000 and 98,000 patients die each year in the U.S. due to medical malpractice. Even at the lowest malpractice fatality estimate of 44,000 deaths, this number of malpractice fatalities exceeds the deaths caused by breast cancer (about 43,300) and AIDS (about 16,500).
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries as a result of medical mistakes made by doctors (or if you have lost a loved one to a wrongful death caused by malpractice in Las Vegas), the highly skilled personal injury attorneys at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter, Smith & Cullen welcome you to attend a no obligations, free initial consultation to:
- Get further information regarding your legal rights
- Ask questions about your case
- Receive a comprehensive evaluation of your case
- Get expert advice on how to best move forward to win the compensation you deserve
Since 1985, our dedicated law firm has been aggressively defending the rights of those victimized by medical malpractice. We work tirelessly to put our clients’ needs first so they can get through the legal process as efficiently and successfully as possible.
Types of Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice can result from the negligence, recklessness and/or carelessness of a:
- Lab technician
- Administrative staff in a hospital or physician’s office
- Any other medical staff
Common types of medical mistakes include:
- Failure to diagnose and/or misdiagnosing a condition
- Failing to promptly treat a condition
- Lab test and/or administrative errors
- Making mistakes during surgery
- Neglecting patients (this is particularly prevalent with cases of nursing home abuse)
- Medication mistakes, such as prescribing improper types or doses of medication (or prescribing two or more drugs that are known to cause negative drug interactions)
Injuries Caused by Medical Malpractice
The precise injury a patient sustains as a result of medical malpractice will depend on the nature and severity of the medical mistake, as well as the patient’s individual medical history.
Common injuries that result from malpractice include:
- Amputation or loss of limb
- Cerebral palsy
- Paraplegia or quadriplegia
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Wrongful death
Contact a Medical Malpractice Attorney
If you believe you have been harmed by a mistake made by a healthcare provider, please contact our Las Vegas medical malpractice Attorneys for help today. We take great care in helping injured patients recover the compensation they need and deserve.