Las Vegas Medication Error Attorneys
According to the U.S. National Library of Medicine, approximately 9,000 people die as a result of a medication error each year throughout the United States.
Death is not the only result of medication errors, as hundreds of thousands of other patients experience an adverse reaction or other complications related to a medication. Even with many of these cases going unreported, the cost of treating patients who have been affected by a medication error exceeds $40 billion each year.
Worse, patients experience psychological and physical pain and suffering and significant financial strains as a result of medication errors. If this has happened to you or someone you love, we can help you pursue the healthcare provider who caused your medication error injuries for the compensation you deserve.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MEDICATION ERRORS IN LAS VEGAS?
When patients fill their prescription medications, they automatically assume they are being given the right drugs. Unfortunately, physicians and pharmacists are subject to human error too, but their mistakes can have serious or deadly consequences.
In addition to physicians and pharmacists, nurses and other hospital staff can also be responsible for giving patients the wrong medication in a medical facility of any kind.
Even drug companies can be held liable, for example, if the prescribing information fails to include proper instructions for use or information about certain risks.
Examples of medication errors can include:
- A physician writing a wrong prescription for a patient
- A physician prescribing the wrong dose
- A pharmacist or physician giving the patient a medication that interacts dangerously with medications the patient is already taking
- A pharmacist improperly filling the prescription
- Mixing up patient medications
- A pharmacist improperly mixing or preparing the medication
- Misleading labeling on a drug label
- Mistakes caused by unclear medical abbreviations
- Defective medical devices such as pain pumps that administer the wrong dose of medication
Medication errors can occur with prescription drugs, generic drugs and over the counter drugs. If you believe you have suffered an injury from a medication error, or if you have been prescribed medication that is harmful, our medical malpractice attorneys can help you pursue the negligent party for your financial recovery.
CONTACT OUR LAS VEGAS MEDICAL MALPRACTICE ATTORNEYS FOR A FREE CONSULTATION TODAY
The Las Vegas medical malpractice attorneys at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith are available to help patients and families who are harmed by medication errors and are available to discuss your case today by contacting us at 702-830-7153 to schedule a free consultation today.
MEDICAL MALPRACTICE CASES INCLUDE:
- Birth Injuries
- Doctor & Nurse Negligence
- Emergency Room Negligence
- Nursing Home Negligence & Abuse
- Surgical Errors
- Anesthesia Errors
- Cancer Misdiagnosis
- Cerebral Palsy
- Erb’s Palsy
- Failure Treat
- Hospital Infections
- Robotic Surgery Machine Infection
- Emergency Care at UMC in Las Vegas
- Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center in Las Vegas
Hospital Admits Patient Died Due To Medication Error
Third Leading Cause of Death Is Medical Error. What Are Your Rights in Nevada?
Understanding Medical Malpractice And When You Might Have A Legal Claim
Important Requirements When Filing Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
Why Birth Injury Lawsuits Are Protecting Our Future
Studies Show Increase in Medical Malpractice Injuries
When a Nurse Can Be Liable for Medical Malpractice