Las Vegas Birth injury Lawyers
Birth injuries can cause a lifetime of problems for the baby and family, including the enormous financial strain of treatment for these injuries. If you feel your child received a birth injury through negligence of the medical staff that assisted during the birth process, you should contact our Las Vegas birth injury Lawyers at the law firm of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith for experienced representation.
Types of Birth Injuries
There are several types of birth injuries, some of which may occur without the fault of any medical personnel. These may result from the birth canal being too small or the fetus being too large, or the fetus was lying in an abnormal position in the uterus before birth.
Usually though, these problems should be assessed via ultrasound and other techniques well before the birth itself, and may involve negligence if not discovered before it is too late.
When a medical mistake contributes to a birth injury, the family can recover compensation through a birth injury lawsuit. Our Birth Injury lawyers have handled all types of cases, which include:
- Cerebral Palsy – caused by a lack of oxygen to the brain, or trauma to the head of the baby, this incurable condition seriously affects the child’s ability to control movements and will often result in other medical conditions
- Erb’s Palsy – the result of a stretching or tearing of the nerves that supply the child’s shoulder and arm
- Nerve damage – forceps can injure the facial nerve resulting in facial paralysis; injuries to the diaphragm nerve can leave a baby with difficulty breathing
- Perinatal Asphyxia – too little blood flowing to the fetus or lack of oxygen in the blood can cause permanent signs of neurologic damage, which can range from mild learning disorders and delayed development to cerebral palsy
Contact a Las Vegas Birth Injury Lawyer
Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith has a reputation as a leading Nevada law firm to handle birth injury claims. Our Las Vegas birth injury Attorney have the experience and compassion that will ease your burdens in these troubling times. We demand justice for injured babies and their families, and will fight aggressively to get you the maximum amount of compensation available.
If you believe that your baby was harmed by a mistake made during birth, call 1-702-228-2600 to schedule an evaluation of your case.
Medical Malpractice Cases include:
- Doctor & Nurse Negligence
- Emergency Room Negligence
- Nursing Home Negligence & Abuse
- Surgical Errors
- Anesthesia Errors
- Cancer Misdiagnosis
- Cerebral Palsy
- Erbs Palsy
- Failure Treat
- Hospital Infections
- Medication Errors
- Robotic Surgery Machine Infection
- Emergency Care at UMC in Las Vegas
- Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center in Las Vegas
Why Birth Injury Lawsuits Are Protecting Our Future
Important Requirements When Filing Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
Studies Show Increase in Medical Malpractice Injuries
Understanding Medical Malpractice and When You Might Have a Legal Claim
When a Nurse Can Be Liable for Medical Malpractice