Las Vegas Workers’ Compensation & Insurance Companies
Las Vegas workers’ compensation laws were initially designed to protect injured workers. If you sustain a serious injury in a workplace accident or are diagnosed with an occupational disease, you are entitled to file a workers’ compensation claim.
Insurance Companies Work for the Employers
There is no longer a Nevada state fund that pays workers’ compensation claims. Employers are now required by law to purchase workers’ compensation coverage through insurance companies. While the system was created for the protection of injured workers, the insurance companies are not hired by the employees, and therefore do not always look after their best interests.
Injured workers are actually at a disadvantage because they are unfamiliar with the process, and may miss the opportunity to receive the maximum benefits they are allowed. Our Las Vegas workers’ compensation lawyers help injured workers get their workers’ compensation benefits.
We can also help workers with appeals to determinations made by the insurance companies and may be able to help you reopen a claim if your condition has worsened after closure.
Types of Compensation
Depending on the type and severity of your injury, you might qualify for the following types of compensation:
- Temporary Total Disability (TTD) — if you are unable to work for at least 5 consecutive days (or 5 days in a 20-day period) you might qualify for TTD
- Temporary Partial Disability (TPD) — if your wage is less upon reemployment, you might qualify for TPD to make up the difference
- Permanent Partial Disability (PPD) — you must receive an evaluation to determine the degree of injury within 30 days; benefits will depend on the evaluation results, date of injury, wage and age
- Permanent Total Disability (PTD) — you might qualify for monthly benefits if you are certified as permanently and totally disabled
Workers Compensation Resources:
Contact the Law Firm of Bertoldo Carter Smith & Cullen
If you or someone you love has been seriously injured in a workplace accident or has been diagnosed with an occupational disease, our workers’ compensation attorneys at Bertoldo Carter Smith & Cullen may be able to help you get the compensation you need to move forward with your life.
Contact us to schedule an evaluation of your case at (702) 505-8115.
- What kinds of Injuries and Diseases are covered under Nevada Workers Compensation Laws?
- Filing A Worker’s Comp Case Or Seek Treatment
- Can a Worker Recover Damages for a Slip-and-Fall Accident at Client’s Site
- Javier Arguello, The Best Lawyers in America©2018 in the field of Workers Compensation
- Obtaining Compensation for Vacation Slip-and-Fall Accidents