Las Vegas Distracted Driving Accident Attorneys
The True Dangers of Distracted Driving
In the United States, distracted driving—which includes texting and using a cellphone while driving—is consistently one of the leading causes of car accidents. According to the Governors Highway Safety Association, 48 states, Washington D.C., and several U.S. territories have banned text messaging for all drivers.
In 2019 alone, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recorded that, throughout the United States, distracted driving caused:
735,000 non-fatal injuries
Types of Driver Distraction that Cause Accidents
There are three types of distractions that can lead to crashes and collisions on the road:
Visual Distractions: any activity that takes the driver’s eyes off the road
Cognitive Distractions: any activity that interrupts the driver’s mind from focusing on driving
Manual Distractions: any activity that leads to the driver’s hands leaving the steering wheel
Texting while driving significantly increases a driver’s risk of an auto accident because it involves all three types of distractions.
What Are Common Examples of Distracted Driving?
Common examples of distracted driving include:
- Texting, emailing, or using social media on a mobile device
- Talking on a phone, even if it's hands-free
- Eating or drinking while driving
- Applying makeup or grooming
- Changing the radio station or adjusting the music playlist
- Using a navigation system or GPS
- Talking to passengers or attending to children in the car
- Reading, including maps, books, or newspapers
These distractions can cause drivers to take their eyes, hands, and/or mind off the road, leading to accidents and injuries.
What Should I Do If I'm Hit By a Distracted Driver?
If you've been hit by a distracted driver, follow these simple steps to ensure that your case gets off to a strong start:
- Get medical attention for yourself and anyone else involved in the accident.
- Call the police to report the accident and request a police report.
- Exchange information with the other driver and witnesses (Get the other driver's name, contact information, and insurance details).
- Document the accident scene, specifically, take photos and videos of any damage to the vehicles involved and any injuries sustained.
- Don't admit fault or apologize, as this can be used against you in any legal proceedings.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer.
- Notify your insurance company.
Injured? Get Your Free Case Review Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in an auto accident that a distracted driver caused, you need an attorney on your side. Bertoldo Carter Smith & Cullen is ready to fight for the maximum compensation you are owed for your injuries, lost wages, and other damages related to your accident.
To get started, contact our Las Vegas law firm today at (702) 505-8115.
“I highly recommend Steve Baker and the entire team. Thank you again for always answering all of our questions and being so easy to work with, something I have not experienced with other firms here in town.”- Steven P.
“Lawrence Smith is a Godsend! He's a good man. Very nice & professional.”- Aaliyah R.
“John Bertoldo spent hours with me explaining all legal matters and guiding me in this difficult time for me. The loyalty of this law firm was beyond my expectations. Great settlement and so happy with results!”- Mahir S.
Committed to the Community
We are proud to support a number of charitable organizations as a way to give back to the community we are honored to serve.
Experience You Can Trust
Our attorneys, paralegals and support staff leverage decades of experience across a diverse range of backgrounds on behalf of our clients.
We strive to treat our clients with integrity, compassion, and respect and provide them with clear communication every step of the way.
Legacy of Client Satisfaction
Word-of-mouth referrals and repeat clients account for more than 85% of our business, which is a testament to the level of service we provide.
Proven Record of Results
We have recovered millions of dollars in successful verdicts and settlements for injured clients throughout the state of Nevada.
Comprehensive Legal Guidance
Our attorneys will handle each aspect of your case, including securing short and long-term medical care, helping to recover lost wages and more.