Las Vegas Doctor & Nurse Negligence Lawyer
When you entrust your health or the care of a loved one to medical professional, you expect to receive the best care possible. Unfortunately, in many cases doctors and nurses who are responsible for treatment fail to act in a manner consistent with these responsibilities. Medical malpractice occurs when negligence by a doctor, nurse, or any healthcare provider results in an injury or damage to a patient.
If you think you’ve been harmed because of medical negligence, contact the law firm of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith for experienced and compassionate legal representation. We help injured patients in Las Vegas get the compensation they deserve after being injured.
When is a Nurse or Doctor Negligent?
Doctor or nurse’s negligence occurs when a medical professional fails to provide proper care, and the care falls below the recognized standards established by law for the protection of patients. There are many factors that contribute to negligence, including over exhaustion, lack of training or not paying attention. Whatever the reason, if a doctor or nurse harms a patient, he/she should be held accountable for his/her actions.
Nurse and Doctor Negligence Claims
Doctors and nurses can share equal responsibility for several areas of medical negligence, such as:
- Failure to diagnose, misdiagnosis, or delayed diagnosis. These types of medical errors can be especially harmful when related to heart attacks, strokes and cancers. In certain cases a delay of even a few minutes from misdiagnosis can prove fatal.
- Medication errors. The failure to determine allergies to medications or to monitor the interactions of drugs administered can have fatal consequences.
- Failure to communicate with other healthcare providers or the patient.
- Failure to provide prompt treatment in emergency situations.
Medical malpractice is a serious issue and requires the attention of an experienced and dedicated medical malpractice attorney. At Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith, we have the skills and knowledge to handle even the most complicated matters.
Reporting Doctor or Nurse Negligence
If you believe that you or a loved one has been the victim of misdiagnosis, medication errors, or any other type of substandard care, you should contact our medical malpractice law firm today. We will evaluate your circumstances to determine the best approach and will fight aggressively to ensure you receive the maximum amount of compensation available. To schedule an evaluation of your case, please call 1-702-228-2600.
Medical Malpractice Cases include:
- Birth Injuries
- Emergency Room Negligence
- Nursing Home Negligence & Abuse
- Surgical Errors
- Anesthesia Errors
- Cancer Misdiagnosis
- Cerebral Palsy
- Erbs Palsy
- Failure Treat
- Hospital Infections
- Medication Errors
- Robotic Surgery Machine Infection
- Emergency Care at UMC in Las Vegas
- Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center in Las Vegas
Woman Sues Doctor for Husband’s Death
U.S. Doctors Make a Shocking Amount of Mistakes
Know The Facts: Emergency Room Negligence Is Medical Malpractice
Understanding Medical Malpractice And When You Might Have A Legal Claim
Important Requirements When Filing Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
Why Birth Injury Lawsuits Are Protecting Our Future
Studies Show Increase in Medical Malpractice Injuries
When a Nurse Can Be Liable for Medical Malpractice