Personal Injury Compensation
At Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith, we pride ourselves on how we handle our clients. Our personal injury lawyers emphasize a compassionate approach to the person injured. And, we believe in working with the clients themselves, rather than having our staff work with the clients. It is this attention to the client as an individual that allows us to present the best evidence possible and the most persuasive arguments to juries, and it is also how we are able to get the maximum compensation for our injured clients.
In personal injury lawsuits, an injured person may be compensated for:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses
- Loss of past and future wages
- Loss of earning potential
- Medical insurance costs
Our attorneys emphasize that in the case of personal injury, it is important for the injured person to visit the doctor as soon as possible after the accident, both for treatment, but also to ensure that the doctor takes detailed notes that can be useful at a trial later on.
It is also important to retain a lawyer as soon after the accident as possible. Nevada law has a statute of limitations on how long after an accident a person can sue.
Other important actions to take after an accident include:
- Report the accident to the police immediately
- Obtain personal information about the accident from the other driver(s) involved (including names, phone numbers, insurance information, car make, and model)
- Obtain names and phone numbers of anyone witnessing the accident
- Take photos of the accident site, if possible
Personal Injury Compensation Amounts
Much of the firm’s business is representing people who have been injured in automobile accidents.
Examples of awards include:
- $1.27 Million for a spinal injury in a motor vehicle accident
- $19.5 million to a person suffering brain damage in a motor vehicle accident
- $3.5 million for wrongful death in a motorcycle accident
Find Out If You’re Entitled to Seek Compensation
If you or someone you know has been injured and you believe you should be compensated, the lawyers at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith would be happy to provide you with an initial consultation.