A neck injury can arise in a great variety of circumstances, including auto accidents and workplace mishaps. A work-related neck injury may be a special case in that workers’ compensation law may apply. In addition to the physical pain of the neck injury, there are the costs of missing work and missing out on living a full life — whether temporarily or permanently.
Las Vegas chiropractor services are available for those who suffer from serious neck injuries, but chiropractor services and other treatments for neck injuries can add up quickly. Las Vegas-area individuals who are suffering from a neck injury can discuss their concerns with a personal injury attorney at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith.
We may be able to help you collect the compensation you need to pay for expensive, but necessary treatments such as chiropractor services. Call today for more information.
How Does a Neck Injury Occur?
Some of the many situations in which serious neck injuries have occurred include:
- auto accidents
- construction-site accidents
- sports accidents (particularly football and diving accidents)
- recreation (e.g., boating) mishaps
- workplace incidents
- collapse of a building or a part thereof
- a fall from a height (e.g., ladder, deck, roof)
- carrying heavy objects (especially on a routine basis)
Neck Injury Pain and Other Symptoms
Men and women, children and the elderly; everyone is vulnerable to a neck injury.
The symptoms of a neck injury may include:
- blurred vision
- unexplained fatigue
- headaches, most commonly at the base of the skull
- neck pain and stiffness
- ringing in the ears
The most serious symptoms of a neck injury (especially after an acute event such as an auto accident) are when:
- neck pain spreads to the shoulders or even down to the arms
- It’s painful to move your head
- numbness, tingling or weakness is felt in the arms
Neck Injury Diagnosis
The diagnosis of a neck injury is accomplished with several tests, which may include:
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging)
- CT (computerized tomography)
- EMG (electromyography)
- lumbar puncture/spinal tap
- blood tests
Neck Injury Treatments
Potential neck injury treatments include:
- pain medication
- chiropractor services
- neck exercises
- traction for the neck
- immobilization devices such as a collar
Las Vegas Chiropractor Services for Neck Injuries
In the greater Las Vegas area, chiropractor services are available for individuals who have suffered a neck injury. A chiropractor would conduct a thorough physical exam, observing a patient’s posture and range of motion and the neck and spine’s curvature and alignment.
COMPENSATION MAY BE AVAILABLE TO PAY FOR TREATMENTS
If you are seeking chiropractic treatment for neck pain following an auto accident, a slip and fall accident or another type of accident, you may be eligible to seek compensation to pay for your treatments.