Symptoms of a knee injury bring millions of people to emergency rooms and doctors’ offices every year. In fact, the most common reason for visits to orthopedic surgeons is a work-related knee injury. The knee is the largest joint in the human body, and it has many components: bones, ligaments, cartilage, nerves and tendons.
Individuals who are suffering from a work-related injury may be eligible for compensation (a settlement or award that covers losses such as the costs of medical care such as surgery or chiropractic services, plus lost work time). The law firm of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith represents individuals who have suffered a knee injury due to others’ negligence or recklessness.
How Does a Knee Injury Occur?
Many circumstances have caused knee injuries, including:
- car accidents
- workplace mishaps
- overuse or ergonomically incorrect use of the knee(s) on the job
- sports and recreation activities
- falls, whether from a height or on a slippery surface
Knee Injury Pain and Other Symptoms
Knee pain from an injury can be excruciating. For example, when of the four major ligaments in the knee is torn, the pain is severe. Other symptoms of a knee injury include:
- “locking,” or the inability to fully straighten the knee
- an obvious deformity of the knee or leg
- inability to bear weight on the injured knee
- inability to move the knee
- popping or crunching noises
- redness and warmth to the touch
- swelling at the knee injury site
- weakness or instability of the knee; falling because the knee “gives out”
Knee Injury Diagnosis
A knee injury diagnosis is made with a variety of tests, including;
- Ultrasound: sound waves show real-time images
- MRI: gives 3-D images of the inside of the knee
- CT or CAT scan: combines X-rays taken from different angles
Knee Injury Treatments
Milder knee injuries can be treated with “RICE,” or rest, ice, compression and elevation of the knee. Chiropractor services in and around Las Vegas are an excellent option for knee injuries. Other treatments include:
- pain medication
- a knee brace or other orthotic device
- physical therapy
Compensation May Be Available for Knee Injuries
Whether you have a work-related knee injury or a knee injury from other circumstances such as a car accident, the personal injury attorneys at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith can explain your legal options. You may be eligible for compensation for knee pain, surgery, chiropractor services and more.