Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a very bothersome, often painful ailment that happens to many individuals throughout the Las Vegas area. Chiropractor treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome can help patients, but the cost can add up quickly. If you’ve been diagnosed with carpal tunnel, you might be eligible for compensation to pay for the cost of chiropractor services and other treatments. To find out if you’re eligible, contact Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith today.
How Does a Carpal Tunnel Injury Occur?
A carpal tunnel injury occurs when the hand’s median nerve (which runs from the hand to the wrist to the forearm) gets compressed or crowded in the carpal tunnel (i.e., the tunnel that the median nerve runs through). The symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome — whether it’s a work-related injury or not — are essentially as follows, although your symptoms may vary slightly:
- Pain that extends from the wrist down into the palm of the hand and the fingers, or from the wrist up the arm to the shoulder. This pain is usually on the palm-side of the arm.
- A feeling of numbness and/or tingling in the hand and especially the fingers, particularly the thumb and the ring, middle and index fingers (not the little finger). Shaking the hand may stop this feeling, at least when the carpal tunnel injury is “new.”
- Weakness in the hand, and being prone to dropping something held in the hand.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Diagnosis and Treatment
The diagnosis of carpal tunnel injuries is achieved by using some or all of the following tools:
- Medical history
- Physical exam
- X-ray (to check for other possible causes of the carpal tunnel symptoms)
- Electromyogram (to test the electrical activity in the hand and arm muscles)
Treatment options for a carpal tunnel injury include:
- An NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) for the pain
- A wrist splint to keep the wrist still
- A corticosteroid to decrease the swelling/inflammation
- Chiropractor treatment for carpal tunnel
- Surgery to cut the ligament pressing on the median nerve and relieve the pressure
Chiropractor Services to Help with Carpal Tunnel
Chiropractor treatment can help individuals suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome, whether it’s a work-related injury or not. Every patient’s case is unique, and it’s best to see your chiropractor immediately after your carpal tunnel syndrome diagnosis.
Compensation May Be Available for Carpal Tunnel Injuries
In Las Vegas courts, compensation for a work-related carpal tunnel injury is possible. The Las Vegas personal injury lawyers of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith can represent you if you suffer workplace injuries related to carpal tunnel syndrome. Contact us to discuss your concerns and to find out if you qualify to be compensated.