Las Vegas Construction Site Injury Attorney
Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith: Experienced Construction Accident Attorneys in Las Vegas, NV
At Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith, our Las Vegas, NV construction accident attorneys provide stellar legal representation for our hard-working community. If you have been hurt on a construction site, we can help you recover the lost wages, medical expenses, and overall financial compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Construction Accident FAQs
Q: What are the most common types of construction accidents?
- Struck by object
- Stuck/Caught/Crushed-in or between collapsing structures, material, or equipment
Other types of construction accidents can include:
- Fires and explosions
- Hit by vehicle
- Machinery accidents
- Workplace violence
Q: What are the most common types of construction accident injuries?
A: According to the Centers for Disease Control the most common construction accident injuries include:
- Sprains, strains, and tears
- Cuts and lacerations
- Bone fractures and breaks
- Burns and scarring
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injury
- Neck and spine injuries
- Limb and digit loss
- Respiratory problems
- Stress and repetitive motion injuries
- Vision trouble
- Loss of hearing
Q: Does my injury fall under Nevada’s Workers’ Compensation Laws?
A: The State of Nevada Department of Industrial Relations requires all Nevada businesses to carry workers’ compensation insurance to protect employees who are hurt at work. If you are injured on the job, you are protected by the Nevada laws and may have a legal claim.
Q: Can I pursue both an accident injury claim and workers’ compensation if I am hurt at work?
A: Getting hurt at work can be a complicated recovery process. Workers’ compensation is designed to help employees recover:
- Lost wages
- Medical treatment expenses, including appointments, surgeries, prescriptions and medical equipment
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation services
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Partial or full disability
- Vocational rehabilitation
Contractors and subcontractors are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance that will cover your injuries. However, you will be required to use the employer’s approved medical providers list when seeking care. Our accident attorneys have more than 25 years working of experience representing both sides and are now fully protecting workers from the insurance company’s interests. This means we can help you get the best care available, without the opposition hindering your recovery.
Q: Am I able to pursue a construction accident injury claim myself?
A: Yes. However, hiring an attorney will provide you with the best chance for successful financial recovery. Taking on large insurance companies and legal representatives is exhausting and will extend the amount of time you need to heal. The paperwork, court hearings, medical responsibilities, and bureaucratic red tape can take years to overcome. We can pursue solutions quickly and effectively while you take the time you need to heal.
Q: What if I have lost a loved one in a construction accident? Am I entitled to a settlement?
A: Construction is a dangerous industry, and loss of life is not uncommon. In fact, OSHA reports that out of 4,693 worker fatalities in private industry (construction, manufacturing, wholesale and retail) last year, 991 or 21.1% were in construction. Simply put, the construction industry was responsible for one in five worker deaths last year alone.
When this happens to someone you love, a wrongful death suit can be filed against the negligent party that caused his or her death.
Q: How can Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith Law help construction accident victims in Las Vegas, NN recover?
A: Construction accident injuries can happen without notice and leave you and your family reeling from the outcome. At Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith, our Las Vegas, NV attorneys will provide exceptional legal representation, and focus our top-notch experience on pursuing a financial recovery settlement that will help you heal fully.
We will take the lead in:
- Ensuring all communication from the individual, company, insurance or legal representatives being held accountable for your injuries is channeled through our attorneys
- Investigating the construction site, and the parties responsible for unlawful, negligent, or hazardous involvement
- Aggressively challenging any attempt to consider a lower offer than what you and your family deserve
- Focusing on your health, well-being, and quality of life to provide the best outcome available for your injury circumstances
Q: Do I have to pay upfront fees to retain an attorney?
A: No! Call the dedicated construction accident attorneys in Las Vegas, NV at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith today by dialing702-228-2600for a free consultation. Our friendly legal staff will provide all the information you need to make an informed decision regarding your next steps. Our services are provided on a contingency basis, which means if we do not win, you do not pay!
- Construction Accident Video
- Construction Accident Kills Las Vegas Resident
- New and Ongoing Las Vegas Construction Can Lead to Site Injuries
- Can a Worker Recover Damages for a Slip-and-Fall Accident at Client’s Site
- What is my Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- Know When To Contact A Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney
- What Types Of Damages Can I Seek After Suffering A Personal Injury?