Las Vegas, NV Cell Phone Car Crash
Our Las Vegas car accident attorneys will advise you of your legal rights and options for pursuing benefits to ensure you receive the maximum benefits available to you under Nevada law.
Using a cell phone while driving is not illegal in Nevada. A small number of state and local bills to limit the use of cell phones by drivers have been proposed in Nevada but not passed. Although more than 40 countries around the world (including most European countries, Japan and Australia) do not allow cell phone use by drivers, and although cell phone bans are becoming more common among the U.S. states, any driver in a moving personal vehicle can use his or her cell phone (or text messaging device) while driving in Nevada.
Millions of Drivers with Cell Phones
According to a 2008 report, more than 250 million people in the U.S. now subscribe to a wireless communication device such as a cell phone, compared to about 4.3 million people in 1990. Many studies have been conducted regarding cell phone usage by drivers, and they essentially all show that cell phone use makes a driver several times more likely to be in a car crash.
Two Types of Dangers
The dangers associated with cell-phone driving are twofold – when drivers:
1. Drivers take their eyes off the road while they’re dialing or texting.
2. Drivers become absorbed in the phone conversation they’re having, impairing their driving skills.
We’ve all seen drivers chatting away on a cell phone, missing a traffic cue, driving too slowly or too quickly, turning too wide, cutting another driver off. Inattentive driving accounted for between 6% and 7% of fatalities in car crashes in 2003, according to the U.S. Department of Transportation.
Serious Injuries, Fatalities Because of Cell Phones
Minor driving mistakes are one thing; causing serious injuries and fatalities because of the distraction of a cell phone is quite another. The victims in cell phone car crashes have the extra aggravation of knowing that their troubles were caused for such a trivial reason – someone’s an unnecessary phone conversation.
Talk to a BBBC Attorney in Las Vegas
Auto Accident Content:
- Las Vegas Car Accident Injury Claim
- Las Vegas Auto Insurance – Are You Really Covered?
- Teenage Drivers Using Cell Phones Are a Hazard
- Las Vegas Road-Hazard Car Crash Lawyers
- Common Causes of Car Accidents
- Countering Denied Accident Claims from Insurance Companies in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Enterprise Rental Car
- Car Accident Caused by Weather Conditions
- Nevada Car Seat, Booster Seat & Seat Belt Laws