Countering Denied Accident Claims from Insurance Companies in Las Vegas, Nevada
Traffic collisions in Las Vegas, NV can span from the one vehicle rear-ending another at a traffic light to a fender bender when traffic is moving slowly to severe collisions where one or more of the vehicles is completely totaled – and unrecognizable. The one thing each of these accidents has in common is that each driver’s insurance company is going to become involved in the resolution process to determine where the fallout lies financially.
Unfortunately, while insurance coverage exists to make drivers whole after an accident, that is rarely the case. In fact, insurance companies often deny claims immediately, simply hoping the other party will accept their disputed version of the accident’s happenings and contact their own insurance company to resolve their needs.
Why Are Accident Claims Denied by Insurance Companies in Las Vegas?
When an accident occurs, the person who caused their crash will contact their insurance company and provide the details of the claim. Once the contact occurs, several things can happen that will lead to a denied claim.
- The at-fault driver did not contact their insurance company and report the accident right away, which can lead to an automatic denial
- The insurance company may believe their customer’s version of the accident and its circumstances and claim they are not at fault
- The insurance company automatically denies all claims, no matter the evidence or facts involved
After an accident, a denied claim letter is very common. Insurance companies never want to pay. Instead, they will respond with a form letter riddled with confusing verbiage and intimidating statements and expect the victim to accept their denial. When the injured party turns to their own insurance company to get the financial help they need, it becomes a waiting game. Letters between the two insurance companies will shift back and forth, leaving the injured driver without answers for an extended amount of time. This creates a terrible scenario for someone who is physically injured, out of work, and without a vehicle to seek the medical care they need.
Common Las Vegas Accidents Where Insurance Claims are Denied
There are several types of accidents where the victim is denied the financial resolution they deserve – even when the police report, supporting evidence, witness statements, and mounting medical bills can all point to the insurer’s customer being at fault.
Accidents with commonly denied insurance claims include:
How Can Hiring a Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney Help with Financial Recovery?
At Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith, our accident attorneys have represented Las Vegas, Nevada drivers, and families throughout Clark County, who have been involved in traffic crashes and have received a letter from the other driver’s insurance company stating their customer was not at fault – and therefore they are not paying for the property damage, medical bills, or time away from work that resulted from the accident.
If you have never been in a traffic accident in Las Vegas, it is hard to believe that a professional insurance company would deny a legitimate claim, but it happens every day. Hiring a personal injury attorney is often considered after those injured in accidents receive a denied claim letter from the insurance company. And while that is a perfectly suitable time to seek help, our personal injury lawyers suggest hiring our firm the moment the accident occurs.
This will allow our attorneys to take the lead in:
- Collecting evidence from the scene
- Recording witness statements
- Reviewing the completed police report
- Interviewing the medical team for an in-depth analysis of injuries
- Contacting the at-fault driver and their insurance company representative immediately to allow our client the time they need to heal – without pressure to take a lesser payment than they deserve
Whether you contact our Las Vegas personal injury attorney immediately after the accident occurs, or immediately after receiving a denied claim letter from the negligent driver’s insurance company, you do not have to be intimidated from seeking the total amount of financial damages the accident has caused.
What Type of Payment Am I Entitled to After a Traffic Accident in Las Vegas, Nevada?
No matter how simple or severe your injuries are, your damaged vehicle, your lost time, and your decreased productivity are all worthy of financial compensation.
If a negligent driver caused your accident, your circumstances are going to differ from anyone else’s and you could be entitled to:
- Medical bills and overall care associated with the injuries including prescriptions, medical devices, physical therapy and rehabilitation services
- Extended care for severe injuries, including lifelong medical expenses stemming from the accident
- Current and future lost wages
- Lost earning power, when you are unable to return to your previous position
- Economic loss to the injured person’s family
- Property damage and loss of possessions
- Out of pocket expenses, including rental car costs and towing bills
Facing any insurance company alone is a tough task and one that will often end with a denied claim letter, no matter how much the evidence reflects your version of the story. Allow the experienced personal injury attorneys at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith to fight for you by calling 702-228-2600 today to schedule a free consultation. Do not allow your already injured state to become weakened by the insurance company. We will provide customized legal representation that delivers results.