Las Vegas Car/Auto Accident Lawyers
LET OUR LAS VEGAS LAW FIRM HELP YOU WITH YOUR AUTO ACCIDENT TODAY
Schedule a Free Consultation Today
Don’t let an auto accident put your entire life on hold.
Whether fatal or not, car accidents are a serious issue across the country, costing $400 billion in loss of economic activity due to death and severe injuries.
Plenty of drivers aren’t paying attention, or are making reckless decisions, putting others in danger. You’ll need an experienced Las Vegas auto accident attorney to help you get the compensation that you and your family deserve to help you manage the strain of medical bills, lost wages, and vehicle damage.
Seek the help and compensation you deserve today. The Las Vegas car accident law firm of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith is here to help. For more than 30 years, our highly qualified Las Vegas injury lawyers have been helping injured victims and their families recover the maximum amount of compensation they are entitled to. We offer a free initial consultation for anyone who’s in need of our legal representation. Contact our auto accident lawyer Las Vegas law firm online or call us at (702) 830-5243.
IF YOU’VE BEEN HURT IN A CAR CRASH IN LAS VEGAS
Being in a traffic accident can affect your life in many ways. The severity of injuries and property damage is a major factor. Vehicles that have been damaged can be repaired or replaced, but when humans have been hurt in a car crash, it’s not as easy to bring life back to normal.
COMPENSATION FOR LOSSES IN CAR ACCIDENTS
Individuals who have been injured in a car crash may be eligible to receive financial compensation from the party found to be liable for the crash, for losses such as:
- Medical bills – e.g., emergency room, surgery, hospital costs
- Loss of wages or income from missing work
- Permanent loss of ability to work
- Disfigurement and/or disability
- In cases involving fatalities, funeral and burial costs
- Loss of a loved one’s companionship
- Loss of financial support
- Out-of-pocket expenses
Accomplished Car Accident Lawyers In Las Vegas, Nevada
There is more to our Las Vegas auto accident lawyers provide more than lip service. At Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith, car accident attorney Las Vegas is committed to protecting our residents’ rights after they have been involved in a collision with another vehicle.
Your physical, emotional, and financial recovery is going to be challenged by the negligent driver and their insurance company, which can lead to a significant burden on your livelihood. Our accomplished Las Vegas auto accident attorney can accurately forecast and pursue the insurance company for the total amount you need to fully recover, so you are never left paying for their client’s negligence out of pocket.
What Are The Most Common Causes Of Las Vegas Car Accidents?
Las Vegas traffic patterns can be especially confusing for visitors, and with over 40 million guests visiting our city each year, car crashes continue to mount on our roadways.
When motorists drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs or recklessly operate their vehicles while speeding or disobeying traffic lights and signs, the Las Vegas car accident injury and fatality numbers increase unnecessarily.
Last year alone, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recorded that throughout the United States distracted driving caused:
- 391,000 injuries
- 3,450 fatalities
- Drowsy-driving deaths caused 803 fatalities
- Drunk-driving deaths caused 10,497 fatalities
- Speeding-related deaths caused 10,111 fatalities
If you have been injured in a car crash, our Las Vegas auto accident lawyers are standing by to help you tackle the complex approach to aggressively holding the negligent driver and their insurance company accountable for the costs associated with your personal injuries.
When Should I Hire A Las Vegas Auto Accident Attorney?
If you have been injured in an auto collision and are receiving any resistance from the negligent driver that caused your crash, or their insurance company, you should immediately hire an auto accident attorney in Las Vegas.
The negligent driver who caused your Las Vegas auto accident and their insurance company is responsible for your:
- Medical bills and ongoing treatment
- Lost wages
- Diminished working capacity
- Property damage
- Emotional distress
All Las Vegas car accident lawyers are not created equal, and at Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith, our attorneys and staff have a triumphant track record that sets us apart from other Las Vegas law firms.
Meet Our Trusted Car Accident Attorney In Las Vegas, Nevada
At Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith, we are Las Vegas auto accident lawyers who are devoted to your unique needs after you have suffered an injury in a car crash with a negligent driver. Car accident lawyers in Las Vegas can do more than protect your financial needs, but pursue the losses you have incurred after losing a family member in a car crash that was caused by a drunk, distracted, or speeding driver.
Our car accident attorney Las Vegas focus is to develop the best case for your personal injury or wrongful death financial recovery, so you do not have to face the insurance company alone or add insult to your injuries when they deny your claim.
We are focused on providing car accident attorney Las Vegas-specific solutions for our clients, and it begins with contacting our firm today for a free consultation.
UNDERSTANDING AUTO ACCIDENTS IN LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
CAR ACCIDENT STATISTICS
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the rate for Nevadan car accidents in 2012:
- 258 fatal accidents
- 355 fatalities for drivers
- 147 fatalities for passengers
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT), more than 6 million motor vehicle accidents occur on U.S. roadways each year:
- Upwards of 2 million Americans sustain personal injuries that are irreversible in these crashes
- Over 43,000 are killed annually
- In the state of Nevada, more than 400 traffic accident fatalities occurred last year, representing a 26 percent increase from the previous year
- A person dies in an auto accident every 12 minutes in the U.S.
- Someone in the U.S. is injured every 14 seconds in a car accident
- The number one cause of fatality in those younger than 30 years old is a car accident
- Individuals who typically sustain the most severe injuries in motor vehicle accidents are those between 15 and 24, as well as those older than 75 years old
- One in four drivers will be involved in a car accident within the next five years
- More than 50 percent of those killed in auto crashes were not wearing their seat belts at the time of the collision
- Drunk driving is responsible for about 40 percent of all car accident fatalities
- Approximately 25 percent of all car accidents are caused by drivers talking on mobile phones
DRUNK AND DRUGGED DRIVERS
In Nevada and all other states, it’s illegal to drive with a blood alcohol content of 0.08% or higher. Drunk/drugged driving is a major factor in these car crash statistics:
- Nearly 40% of all traffic-related deaths are alcohol-related
- About a fifth involve marijuana, cocaine or another drug
LAS VEGAS CAR ACCIDENTS RESULTING IN DEATH
Auto accidents are more likely to result in fatality when:
- Animals or debris are in the roadways
- Drivers are fatigued, distracted or inexperienced
- Drivers are intoxicated
- Drivers are speeding, running red lights or otherwise violating traffic laws
- Bad weather or poor road conditions are present
- Vehicles are overloaded or poorly maintained
- Vehicle equipment is defective or fails to operate
Human error is responsible for nearly 90 percent of all motor vehicle collisions. If any type of negligence plays a role in causing a car accident, victims may be able to seek compensation for their injuries and losses. The compassionate, highly skilled car accident lawyers in Las Vegas at the law firm of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith are dedicated to providing the best representation possible.
Following a car accident, victims may be left with:
- Serious physical injuries
- Significant property damage
- An extreme amount of emotional trauma
MILLIONS OF AUTO ACCIDENT INJURIES
Auto accidents are the leading cause of death for teenagers in the U.S., according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. As sobering as this statistic is, it simply reflects the reality of car accident injuries and fatalities in America: more than 2,500,000 people suffer car crash injuries in the U.S. each year.
All vehicle drivers and passengers – teenagers, children and adults – are vulnerable to car accident injuries.
The U.S. population puts in hundreds of millions of miles on the road each year, and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that about 5,973,000 car accidents occurred in 2006. The economic cost of vehicle crashes is upwards of $250 billion each year, for damages such as lost productivity, medical costs, and disability care.
TYPES OF INJURIES
Because of the size and speed of the vehicles on our roadways today, car accident injuries can be extremely damaging and may include:
- Broken bones
- Permanent disfigurement
- Loss of limb(s)
- Internal bleeding
- Brain damage
- Neck and spinal cord injury
- Loss of life
THE COSTS OF CAR ACCIDENT INJURIES
Recovering from injuries or the loss of a loved one in a car accident can take months, years, a lifetime — or the recovery may never be complete. The costs to an individual from a car accident injury may be eligible for financial compensation. Damages that may be recovered typically include:
- Hospital or ER
- Longer-term medical expenses
- Loss of income (temporary or permanent)
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral & burial costs, the loss of companionship, and loss of financial support (in fatal crashes)
COMPENSATION IN AUTO ACCIDENTS INVOLVING TEXTING
In the United States, distracted driving – which includes texting and using a cellphone – is the leading cause of car accidents, killing 9 persons and injuring approximately 1,153 people every day. Statistics further show that the younger generation, particularly inexperienced drivers under 20 years old, are prone to car accidents while texting or using their cellphones while driving.
DISTRACTIONS THAT CAN CAUSE CAR ACCIDENTS
There are three types of distractions that can lead to crashes and collisions on the road:
- Visual distractions take a driver’s eyes off the road
- Cognitive distractions bring the driver’s mind off driving
- Manual distractions the driver to take their hands off the wheel
Texting while driving significantly increases a driver’s risk of a car accident because it involves all three types of distraction.
CAR ACCIDENT INJURIES
Depending on the circumstances of an auto accident, an injured party may suffer traumatic brain injury, internal injuries, fractures, and even death. If you or a loved one is involved in a car accident where the other driver was texting or using a cellphone, you may be entitled to the maximum compensation for your injuries.
IMPORTANCE OF AUTO ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS IN LAS VEGAS
Knowing the Law
Nevada laws strictly prohibit operating a mobile device, either by texting, calling, or emailing, while behind a motor vehicle because of its potentially catastrophic effects.
If you have lost a loved one in this type of accident, you can be overwhelmed with shock, grief, and unexpected financial reverses arising from your loss.
Getting the Most You Deserve
Claiming the maximum value of damages legally allowed in your situation can help you recover not only financial setbacks from the accident but also compensate you for the pain and suffering that come from losing a loved one in a car accident.
Experience Is Necessary
Filing your claim within the prescribed period can be a challenge when you are unaware of all the rules surrounding it.
An experienced Las Vegas car accident attorney can help by:
- Studying all evidence
- Ordering the police report
- Negotiating on your behalf with insurance companies
- And, if necessary, filing the wrongful death lawsuit
- Trying the case in court
Auto Accident Contents:
- Las Vegas Car Accident Injury Claim
- Las Vegas Auto Insurance – Are You Really Covered?
- Teenage Drivers Using Cell Phones Are a Hazard
- Las Vegas, NV Cell Phone Car Crash
- Las Vegas Road-Hazard Car Crash Lawyers
- Common Causes of Car Accidents
- Countering Denied Accident Claims from Insurance Companies in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Enterprise Rental Car
- Car Accident Caused by Weather Conditions
Call Our Las Vegas Auto Accident Attorney For Free Consultation
To learn about your rights following a serious car crash in Las Vegas, contact a Las Vegas car accident attorney at the law firm of Bertoldo, Baker, Carter & Smith. We will evaluate the details of your specific incident and determine how we can help you when you call (702) 830-5243 for a free private consultation.
- The Common Causes of Car Accidents
- Two Common Pitfalls to Avoid If You Have Been Injured in a Car Collision
- Cell Phone Use While Driving Can Lead To A Fatal Car Accident
- Five Things to Know Before You Experience a Car Accident
- Seat Belt Injuries Car Accidents
- Las Vegas Metro Auto Accident Response Policy Change
- Pedestrian v. Automobile Right of Way: Don’t Bet Your Life on It!
- Spinal Cord Injuries and Their Effect on Car Accident Victims
- Legal Help for Head-On Car-Accident Victims
- Speed, Alcohol Blamed in Las Vegas Car Accident
- What to Do if You’ve Been in an Injury-Causing Car Collision